Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 18th, 2009, 06:12 AM   #1
browserice

Arrow Surviving on Mainland with harvesting skills only

I had initially created an Alt Char named Solodigger where I wanted to see how far I can go on Mainland with only one skill : harvesting. It seamed like an interesting challenge.

On Fyros Mainland, I currently have :
- Fight level 1
- Magic level 1
- Crafting level 45 (see below as to why)
- Harvesting level 104

HP = 763, Stamina = 200, Sap = 200, Focus = 1550

So far, after reaching harvesting level 104, I have come to a conclusion. Doing this goal with harvesting skills only is not enough.

Sure I can wear jewels/armors with Focus boosts. Half of the jewels I have have each 50 Focus Boosts. But that kind of item is not actively present in the NPC stores at all times. So either you wait until you can buy one or ask others to do it for you or you build them yourself.

That is the conclusion I have reached. No matter how many people out there are crafting Focus boost items, you are bound to find your self with stores that do not have them. So until you wait for them to show up, you can always ask in the Chats but again, sooner or later, none will be available when you need them. That is why, I have modified my goal to include crafting jewels with Focus Boosts that I will make myself. My playing time is not regular, nor constant. So I often meet those situations and do not want to wait around for help (unless its available right now at that moment).

As for health, you can upgrade your health through harvesting XP and/or wear items with HP Boosts. I have both.

I even created a guild of my own with this Alt Char : Solo Guild.

I admit I have used Catalysts boosts because some players offered them to me without me asking for it. Maybe that was the cause of this problem. I grew up my harvesting stanza too quickly for the normal amount of focus I should have at my current level ?

In any case, I will now build up my jewel crafting to create all my focus boosted jewels myself. I just hope I don't wind up in another situation where this is not enough to keep moving forward this goal.

So if any new players thinks they cannot survive on Mainland with Harvesting only, you can. One new player was thinking the opposite in a chat today.
browserice is offline   Reply With Quote