Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 6th, 2005, 09:17 AM   #71
brithlem

Re: Well Played

damned Anissa was fearing all over the place... it was awful...
brithlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2005, 11:31 AM   #72
akicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyq
Just curious, did anyone melee or afflict at all?

I think I saw Rundll in a suit of heavy swinging a sword randomly at people.

Anissa we've covered.

There was also the odd Great Vorax who popped in to say "Boo". Yea - they cast fear. Dam things
Old August 6th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #73
gaspode1

Brilliant thread - by and large showing how mature adults can have a full and frank discussion even when they don't agree.

Morals touched on - no comment at this time - I expect I'll get back on my soapbox in another time and place.

Sounds like a complex scenario where it's better to look at the big picture than nitpick over what any individual might have said in the heat of battle. And overall it sounds like everyone had a great time. Excellent.

Bijam cowardly? - emotive word that just depends on your point of view. To me it sounded more like most poetic justice.

Faction issues - know very little about it but respect all others views. IG I take the view 'I am not just a number, I am a free homin' and I use the large thing between my ears (no, not my nose) to make my own decisions. Means that for me personally I have no problem with Infinity, OmegaV or anyone else choosing to ally in whatever way they choose as thinking homins.

Guild v Individual - (trying hard not to get on soapbox) just think each group/individual should be clear about where they stand and be prepared to state their position clearly and publicly. If they have a reasoned arguement I may not agree but can still respect the stance.

Lots more I'd love to say - all positive - but think I've had my 4 pennerth.
gaspode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #74
roninpvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithlem
Greedy in a good way also being only selling to people that have never so much as bothered you right?

Last I checked we sell to anyone willing to purchase.... trading for mats.... CPing... whatever anyone's willing to trade that can't dig 250 roots and craft 250 weps and amps.

Pure greed.... you got me there

This was a purely positive thread with nothing but good said about both sides... I'd also say it's greedy to start bickering for purely personal reasons when everyone actually involved was more than happy being in a good mood.

I did commend the people for behaving well but you seem more than happy to gloss over the fact that the reason this thread is here in the first place is you guys will Kill Harvesters.

I cant suspect you could take the same stance as me in selling since your guys are out there doing the killing.

Lastly, it seems your conviently forgetting the multitude of bad expierences I've had with your guild and the things i've witnessed yoru guild doing to others.
roninpvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #75
caitiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninpvp
It is and I think the Samarsa (sic?) charging for rezes fits into the RP type of motivation very well.

Go ahead. People will retaliate. People battled us too but we didnt whine about it. You perform an action, an action will occur back.

Quote:
Greed is good it makes the world go round. Now killing for greed is BAD bad BAD bad BAD and uhm ya its bad

hmm... Let's say I kill someone and take all their money. Now this would be killing for greed, so it's bad. Now lets say their is a bit of money across this small river that he sees first. He is too weak to swim across and take it so you swim over and take it. He now dies of hunger. Did you not kill him even though you got there first and didnt offer him some food?

Quote:
I did commend the people for behaving well...

You actually posted this very quickly in the end, must not have been your main point, just through it in their so you had a tad positive

Quote:
but you seem more than happy to gloss over the fact that the reason this thread is here in the first place is you guys will Kill Harvesters.

The reason this thread is here is to say good job guys (and guess what, we got NO supreme mats so we obviously didnt get what we went for and were still good about it). Also, you may have missed the "Official Reply" by Brithlem.

It basically said:
"Roots diggers:
If we don't get along.... beware. If we're cool / don't know ya... you have nothing to worry about."

But you probably 'glossed over' it to put it in your own words.

Quote:
Lastly, it seems your conviently forgetting the multitude of bad expierences I've had with your guild and the things i've witnessed yoru guild doing to others.

I can't say for sure but just shooting in the dark here. I'm guessing a lot of the things you have 'witnessed' were witnessed by other people mentioning it to someone who mentioned it to you are telling you directly, probably only listened to one side as well.
caitiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2005, 06:00 AM   #76
roninpvp

Quote:
It is and I think the Samarsa (sic?) charging for rezes fits into the RP type of motivation very well.

Originally Posted by Catiff

Quote:
Go ahead. People will retaliate. People battled us too but we didnt whine about it. You perform an action, an action will occur back.

What does me saying that I believe Samarsa is roleplaying while your actions aren’t roleplaying but pure ganking have to do with you reply here? Other then the fact your implying that i'm whining and see no point to this statement you made.

Quote:
Greed is good it makes the world go round. Now killing for greed is BAD bad BAD bad BAD and uhm ya its bad

Quote:
hmm... Let's say I kill someone and take all their money. Now this would be killing for greed, so it's bad. Now lets say their is a bit of money across this small river that he sees first. He is too weak to swim across and take it so you swim over and take it. He now dies of hunger. Did you not kill him even though you got there first and didnt offer him some food?

Direct actions and Indirect actions are clearly treated differently by law in most civilized countries for a good reason.

Quote:
I did commend the people for behaving well...

Quote:
You actually posted this very quickly in the end, must not have been your main point, just through it in their so you had a tad positive

Um yes cause the main point I wanted to make was that you guys were ganking harvesters.

Quote:
but you seem more than happy to gloss over the fact that the reason this thread is here in the first place is you guys will Kill Harvesters.

Quote:

The reason this thread is here is to say good job guys (and guess what, we got NO supreme mats so we obviously didnt get what we went for and were still good about it). Also, you may have missed the "Official Reply" by Brithlem.

It basically said:
"Roots diggers:
If we don't get along.... beware. If we're cool / don't know ya... you have nothing to worry about."

But you probably 'glossed over' it to put it in your own words.

Actually I did read it but I tend to believe what Zyros stated “This sounds bad, but I bet if he was there first, we would probably kill him anyway.. It's a PvP zone –“

http://www.ryzom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16602

Quote:

Quote:
I can't say for sure but just shooting in the dark here. I'm guessing a lot of the things you have 'witnessed' were witnessed by other people mentioning it to someone who mentioned it to you are telling you directly, probably only listened to one side as well.

I have Witnessed member botting and that member admitting to Botting.

I have Witnessed a member stating that everyone he knows bots (pretty much interrupted it to mean your entire guild)

I have witnessed several other members/ex members of your guild bot.

I have witnessed the harassment of other players by kill stealing when there are groups of Infinity to drive them out of void and to force them to level elsewhere.

I have actually been in a group that was verbally harassed to leave the Void then the entire full team of infinity starting to attack our mob so that we couldn’t level in peace.

I have been in battles with Infinity where I have seen the ugliest of behavior/profanity I’ve encountered in Ryzom

Etc.. etc...
roninpvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2005, 09:40 AM   #77
totnkopf

Quote:

However the Omega+Infinity+Cara Via +Masters of Life allience has clouded their greed with such comments stating that large guilds need the best mats more then other people for their members. Now If this was truly the case then i'm sure they wouldnt be selling supreme equipment for very high profits. I'm sure there would be no supreme mules and I'm sure everyone can see through the rhetoric if they take a second and think about it. But just in case your distracted here's a hint: they do sell supreme gear for high profit..they must have a surplus of supreme gear avialble.

I think we can all come to the agreement that people will play the way they see fit. Others may not agree, but thats for them to deal with and to either attempt to change them through convincing (doubtful) or find another way to deal with the situation.

As for greed not being a motivator or reasoning, well, RL would prove otherwise. Let us take America for example. One of the richest and most powerful nations in the world. and of course, tends to horde the "sup zun" of the world. However, that doesn't stop America from selling the weapons and other goods it produces. Greed is the motivation for all countries. If it wasn't we would have no taxes and no businesses. And for those countries that have attempted to abolish the system of greed (which creates social classes) through communism, well, they've all failed (or adapted to the point where they are no longer communist).

As for the alliance between OV and Infinity. Again, RL provides many examples where enemies have been able to get over their differences and create an alliance between the two. the communists and the nationalists in China during WWII. The Americans and the Russians today. America and Japan.
Also the kami and karavan are essentially religious beliefs. There are people who let them govern their every action. Others see them as more of a hobby type of thing or place their own lives ahead of it. The same could be applied to SoR. While Infinity is 100% kami oriented, that doesn't mean that they may place their devotion to the kami way before their devotion to enjoying the game. Different sides of the spectrum, but they agree to disagree. They understand each others position and respect it. One could even go so far as to say that they've realized that no matter what side a person takes (if any) that they are still a Homin.
if RL has taught of anything its that extremism never works.
totnkopf is offline   Reply With Quote