Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Saga
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 6th, 2006, 12:25 PM   #11
mugendo

Re: The Dictatorship of New Trykoth

I do not feel I am a slave to others, I do not chase wealth, I have no desire to be powerful.
Atys is my home, the lands supply me with all I need to survive and prosper, I have the skills to gather and use these as needed.
I am a participant in the ballad of life that surrounds me..I am bound to Atys, it is my fate to live ..and die...
Atys has existed in her natural form since before time was recorded, the seasons are her heartbeat that all her true inhabitants respond to.....the wind traveling across the lands are her voice, the canopy high in the sky are her gentle embrace protecting all.
Atys and her denizens exist in perfect symbiosis....
A true Atysian needs no technology...we need only Atys.
She cares for us all equally.....It is She I owe my allegiance to, it is her I will stand for ....the question I ask.
Who will stand with me ?
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #12
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
I do not feel I am a slave to others, I do not chase wealth, I have no desire to be powerful.
Atys is my home, the lands supply me with all I need to survive and prosper, I have the skills to gather and use these as needed.
I am a participant in the ballad of life that surrounds me..I am bound to Atys, it is my fate to live ..and die...
Atys has existed in her natural form since before time was recorded, the seasons are her heartbeat that all her true inhabitants respond to.....the wind traveling across the lands are her voice, the canopy high in the sky are her gentle embrace protecting all.
Atys and her denizens exist in perfect symbiosis....
A true Atysian needs no technology...we need only Atys.
She cares for us all equally.....It is She I owe my allegiance to, it is her I will stand for ....the question I ask.
Who will stand with me ?

In these dark times? Very few.
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:42 PM   #13
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjim
In these dark times? Very few.

A single drop of rain often heralds the arrival of a storm.
The wise seek shelter..the ignorant learn to swim..or drown. Natural selection is unbiased and thorough.
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #14
katriell

Quote:
Still, it seems hypocritical to me, and anyone with an ounce of sense, for a religious and imperialist zealot like Pero to be lecturing anyone on matters of freedom or democracy.
Do you want to hear again the mention of the fact you are a mercenary?

Some of what Pero said in his posting makes sense, to me at least. The origin of the words does not affect that.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #15
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
Do you want to hear again the mention of the fact you are a mercenary?

Some of what Pero said in his posting makes sense, to me at least. The origin of the words does not affect that.

Oh, but it does if one considers his actions. Whats his mileage in undermining Tryker? In any case the regional councils and local governors have not been unsurped or bypassed. What does the Atysian Ego stand to profit, taking power for himself perhaps?

Yes, I'm a mercenary, that gives me a good outside view and a particular love of freedom.
Old October 6th, 2006, 01:25 PM   #16
mugendo

Quote:
Yes, I'm a mercenary, that gives me a good outside view and a particular love of freedom.

I believe you are Fyros.....the people of violence, the warriors culture of Atys.
You interact with all the factions and peopls of Atys, and obtain the different aspects of politics across the world.
You are motivated by reward in both favour/dappers/materials.
It is a rare person to be both warrior and statesman.....That is something you clearly are.

Unbiased and neutral....These are the qualities needed to be objective.
Old October 6th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #17
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
I believe you are Fyros.....the people of violence, the warriors culture of Atys.
You interact with all the factions and peopls of Atys, and obtain the different aspects of politics across the world.
You are motivated by reward in both favour/dappers/materials.
It is a rare person to be both warrior and statesman.....That is something you clearly are.

Unbiased and neutral....These are the qualities needed to be objective.

I was raised in the prime roots refugee camps after the swarming. I did not enter The New Lands until 2525. While I know my culture's history and have uncovered what I can of its lore and past I grew up surrounded by homin of every culture and belief.

Statesman? Tch, perhaps, we're founding our own home away from the machinations of the factions and the slow decline of the homin nations. Perhaps others will follow this exodus and one day we'll have a city to rival Pyr.
Old October 6th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #18
aardnebb

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
Either the Kamists are weakened and outnumbered, or the Matis are imperialists actively seeking world domination via control of outposts. You cannot have it both ways, because if both are true, why are there still outposts controlled by non-Matis-oriented guilds?

I'da thought you wanted to keep your head down in this discussion, you know given that you are a member of a matis guild currently occupying a stolen fyros outpost... I mean, you cant really be considered unbiased eh?
Old October 6th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #19
thlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardnebb
I'da thought you wanted to keep your head down in this discussion, you know given that you are a member of a matis guild currently occupying a stolen fyros outpost... I mean, you cant really be considered unbiased eh?
Actually the Order is a neutral guild, as well as the Samsara, so I don't see any difference there. Maybe Jelanthia didn't understood what a matisian guild is, as didn't Pero.
Old October 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #20
grimjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlau
Actually the Order is a neutral guild, as well as the Samsara, so I don't see any difference there. Maybe Jelanthia didn't understood what a matisian guild is, as didn't Pero.

There's a lot of things The Order don't understand, including the meaning of Neutral apparently. That they're never criticised by a certain Matis loudmouth is evidence enough of that even without their dubious position in Fyros.