Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 12th, 2006, 11:05 PM   #11
mugendo

Re: PvP Etiquette Question(s)

Once tag is enabled, reason is disabled.....let the culling commence.
Last one standing please turn off the lights.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:03 AM   #12
tigrus

Tag on, red means dead.
Open pvp area. Youll die.
Afk? depends on who you are.

Is this my personal wievs on it? yes
Will i stick to them? yupp you bet.

Will ReCon in general do? YOU BET!
tigrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #13
rothimar

You drink a lot of coffee, dont you... (teasing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrus
Tag on, red means dead.
Open pvp area. Youll die.
Afk? depends on who you are.

Is this my personal wievs on it? yes
Will i stick to them? yupp you bet.

Will ReCon in general do? YOU BET!
rothimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:06 AM   #14
tigrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothimar
You drink a lot of coffee, dont you... (teasing)
And i dont sleep alot. Workout, Work, Workout, game. School/sleep
tigrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:10 AM   #15
johntf

Annoy harvesters and crafter and see how far you get :P

Will your guild be of any danger to anyone lol no, you wont last 5 minutes in the roots :P

Act like children and expect a spanking, oh and the only thing that gets a decent workout is your delusional imagination, and your mouth not your actions. Especially since you've done the pvp thing like a little girl as in been nice to people to get a high level then start acting a tool. Easy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
johntf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:29 AM   #16
totnkopf

Tag on = Fair game. You opted to turn it on to make yourself a target anywhere, any time, be it leveling, digging, crafting or AFK.

GvG zones = same rules as above really. You get 30s worth of warnings saying you making yourself a target. Plenty of time to leave if you didn't want to make yourself a target to anyone who felt like killing you (for whatever reason). You don't want to make yourself a target? then don't dig in the GvG zones. Plenty of others that aren't that way.

There will always be those who find it surprising that they got killed in a pvp zone. "Yes, I put myself in the pvp zone. Yes, I saw the warnings and yes, I chose to stay, but then that guy killed me!". Same with the people who tag up... "yes, I had my tag on. Yes, I knew what it meant. Yes, I opted not to turn if off while crafting. But then an opposing member came along and killed me!". Oy... A book I reccomend to those people... You chose to keep your tag on or stay in a pvp area. You therefore chose to put yourself at the mercy of any gankers that felt like messing with you. If you're really offended by what happened to you, take it as a lesson for the future and don't dig in GvG zones/ turn off your tag during time you don't want to be attacked.
totnkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:32 AM   #17
johntf

So if you can do something in an area its fine, so next time I get the chance to drag a wall of agro on someone I dont like or a an op battle, I can go ahead because a person in an area with mobs should expect it ? You mind if I did that to your guild, outposts etc ?

The point im making is, the community has usually been a bit more mature in its attitude towards random killing and usually has our own code of conduct others don't have to adhere to it, but I advocate the community to deal with those who dont really to keep things well a bit more civilised.
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #18
wardone

Re: PvP Etiquette Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundll32
yup - as above.

Only real exception I guess is PR when supernodes pop, when I guess tensions are high, and there's the potential for things to turn nasty

you know i have still yet to see anyone get killed at SN pop and myself i would never consider such a action even going as far as res'ing kara team that got wiped by those pesky vorax.
wardone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #19
totnkopf

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntf
So if you can do something in an area its fine, so next time I get the chance to drag a wall of agro on someone I dont like or a an op battle, I can go ahead because a person in an area with mobs should expect it ? You mind if I did that to your guild, outposts etc ?
Can't do that. Against the CoC (soulsnatcher will beat you with a large stick). PvP on the other hand is not. Also I doubt you'd be kind enough to give players a 30sec warning followed by a repeated warning every 5 secs. Then when you actually start the drag you give a warning as well: "You will not be aggro dragged".
totnkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:39 AM   #20
johntf

I dont get luring which is a fair game mechanic should be frowned upon but thats just me kinda hinders say a digger attacked on his own by an aod, taking into account time taken to change gear if you have it with you etc

Personally if someone came to kill me in a gvg area id do my best to lure on them as a self defense mechanism. I dont like people luring for no reason but to me its as legal as attacking someone with a sword, if they didnt want luring to be possible they should have programmed the game better. I mean a person should be as prepared to fight a mob as a player right ? if not more so...