Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 26th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #21
iwojimmy

Re: Game Breaker...

Whats really funny, is using Madness, and seeing them stun themselves.. even better than using your own stun on them
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #22
rothimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehracii
I agree kipee, like gingo, are a very dangerous prey to tackle solo. I would say these are mobs that are designed for teams to hunt, and would be disappointed if they were made safer for soloers.

I agree. I tend to solo a fair bit, and I like that it can be dangerous. Keeps things exciting.
rothimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #23
mugendo

I also enjoy to solo hunt a majority of the time (well, as solo as I can with a crowd of Yubo following me).
I don't die often, but I do have to be extra careful knowing there is little chance of getting a rez before the timer expires.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 05:56 PM   #24
zanthar

I would have to agree that it keeps things interesting knowing that even a lower lvl gingo can have a chance to take me down keeps the game exciting and also puts a challenge out there too!! It makes you learn your prey and how to hunt accordingly which I think is just one of Ryzom's great quailties and keeps me commin' back
zanthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 07:34 PM   #25
arganosh

You just need to learn the one tactic that has kept me alive more often then not. I have been in the same situation, mob resisting spells or dodging like a ninja. I have found that when your hp's are dropping faster than a suckling yubo, you have to do one thing, RUN, run like the wind. If you are solo, there is no dishonor in running like hell to keep from dieing. If you are with a group and you are the healer, running after they all fall isn't to bad either, as you will be able to come back and rez them.

So if you are getting resisted or dodged and parried and taking lots of damage, don't just stand there, run away.
arganosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 08:16 PM   #26
ralgur

Hmmm the random super mob. That would explain a few things...

Anyway, as for dying, what's the big deal? Even if you don't get a rez, it's not THAT bad getting rid of the debt. Far worse is the time you spend waiting for your stats to regenerate.
ralgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #27
vguerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand
The problem I have with the game is the combat system. Every (x) amount of fights ryzom will randomly kill you and there is nothing you can do about it. Example - Im a 42 mage. mob is 21-30. resist resist resist resist resist - dead. Rez. Same can be said for melee. miss dodge stunned hit stunned dead.

I will be finishing my 15 day trial to see what awaits me on the mainland but really don't think I can handle the randomness of the deaths.
Heya Garand...

I cannot figure out (anymore than anyone else so far) what the deal may be for you... I would like to add that this is the nature of SoR (now called Ryzom), maybe it's because we are not of this planet or some other odd reason... but your gonna die at times when it just makes no sense. Maybe the natural balance of nature means that even a beast in a level 50 cap zone hits me when I am wearing my normal battle gear and have 250+ parry. I have never figured it out and owe it to powers outworldly to us.

I can see a level 200 zone mob attacking and even hitting me on occasion... but in this world of Atys even the lowby mobs don't run and hit way too often. It's not you, it is the game... Now I must say we can only point at the aggro mobs as we don't have the same problem with the non-aggro mobs, we walk past those ones.

It's not like it is random, it is however part of learning which mobs to avoid and which to take on... I will never figure out why a level 24 gingo hits me so often, I just make sure I know when to hold em, and when to fold em... Atys will always present you this challenge.
vguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2006, 09:20 PM   #28
garand

Thanks for all the replies... I hit the ML 3 days aggo. Spent most of the last 3 days getting my digging skills and crafting up. Last night I headed down to FG with my new armor and 2h Mace. Its the area with the kipees after you just get in. I was lvl 50. First kipee I conned was 51-60. Guess what... It was not 51-60 lol it was 68. But I killed it. No issues. I killed kipees for 10 lvls ( Was still getting 3k a kill at 60 ). Died once when I got 2 kipees instead of 1. Played with my stanzas, 2h q45 noob sword and the q70 2h mace I made. Found the slow hard hitting 2h mace with moderate accuracy/damage stanza to be best at hitting and not draining my stamina too fast. Yes I did get stunned "Occationally" but had no real issues with it.

Now back to those island Kipees... I now realize that my lvl and hps had alot to do with my deaths there. A stun on the island with my low hps was usually death. A stun with alot of hps and decent armor is actually not a problem.

Thanks All

Garand
garand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #29
chessack

Yes on the island, you don't have the armor, the hps, etc, to fall back on if you get hit with a kipee stun.

Even so, my personal opinion is that Kipees are just not worth the hassle in terms of XP... The occasional stuns end up leaving you far more drained in HP than you would be vs. something else of a similar level. As a result, I tend to ignore them (since they are not aggressive) and focus on things that are less annoying to fight. Mostly, I do this on the logic that I play games to have fun and not to be annoyed...

C
chessack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 09:32 PM   #30
telar

also the resist rate will go down if you overcharge your spell
have a look at the percentage with wich you will be able to
hit your monster, and if it says something like 72 % for example
try adding some credits. I had the same problem a few weeks ago
and was wondering why I had so many failures and misses, till I found
out mit hitrat was only 5 %. Than I added a little time , reach, and
dropped my spell a little and suddenly had 94 % hitrate, and finaly I was