Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old October 27th, 2006, 01:18 PM   #11
borg9

Re: (Officical CSR response requested) Growing pains...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamela
The extra step is that the guild actually lose possession that way. Mischievous parties might then like to prevent them from regaining it. Then again, I seem to remember that you cannot side with Marauders - can someone clarify that?

You can't side with marauders, you get an attack or neutral option only.
Old October 27th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #12
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerin
there is no other way to keep our defenses high regardless how vigilant we are.

This is the statement that causes me most concern in the post.
Old October 27th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #13
Marjo
Community Liaison

Quote:
Would there be anything wrong with switching between guilds to fill alternating GH's
Not at all.

Quote:
as well as leveling the threshold ?
Yes; as the owner stays the same, the threshold should remain the same. However technically we're aware there is nothing to prevent you from raising the threshold. As suggested, an option to allow peaceful transfer would be a useful addition and would prevent from artificially raising the treshold. We'll think about it.

Quote:
Without an attack in months there is no other way to keep our defenses high regardless how vigilant we are.
This is the game... If nobody wants to attack you, then it decreases to hopefully make attacks easier next time. Outposts aren't supposed to belong to the same guild ad vitam eternam but should change of owner through wars or diplomacy to spice up guilds' activity.

I hope it cleared up things a bit.
Old October 27th, 2006, 05:01 PM   #14
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjo

As suggested, an option to allow peaceful transfer would be a useful addition and would prevent from artificially raising the treshold. We'll think about it

another step in the right direction
Old October 27th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #15
vguerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjo
I hope it cleared up things a bit.
I appreciate your fast response as it cleared up all but the last issue Marjo. As a guild our options are not impeding anyone as the OP doesn't actually change hands. I understand you all are looking into a way to make a transfer easier and that will help things quite a bit.

You touched on the only remaining question regarding the transfers designed as an OP exchange, what about transfers going on to A) Artificially raise the threshold or B) Prevent others from attacking ?

What if there can be no OP battles because all the OP's are tied up in a weekly (or every few weeks since the threshold doesn't drop immediately) fake attack... it will essentially remove a major gameplay option.

This is currently going on IG and as much as we may discourage it as unfair there should be an official stance on blocking this gameplay feature.

Thanks again Marjo, as you saw by others posts these topics are unclear and open to interpretation.
Old October 27th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #16
philu

Quote:
This is currently going on IG and as much as we may discourage it as unfair there should be an official stance on blocking this gameplay feature.

Couldn't agree more. We all know which OP you refer to, I think, and it is exploiting the game play IHMO. As predicted, raising the cost of a declaration didn't stop this happening. It still goes on and needs a better way to prevent it.

If there was a transfer option, they couldn't claim they were just swapping the OP to share resources. It would be obvious they were doing it to raise the threshold and prevent other 'genuine' attacks.

All posts are In Person (Not IC, not OOC, not Rp, just me!)

Chasing the DING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katriell
You can't "complete" the mainland. If one thinks one has seen or done everything there, one is kidding oneself. But be prepared to "get out what you put in," because the mainland does not coddle or hold hands.
Old October 27th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #17
ajsuk

\o/ philu!
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
Old October 27th, 2006, 08:30 PM   #18
totnkopf

why not just transfer them through the old skool means. Have one person on the alt guild, one in the main and simply transfer the crystals through exchanges. That way you wouldn't have to get into the whole 'shielding or not shielding' debate that started long ago. Seems to me that raising the threshold is a means of shielding. It discourages attacks or make it impossible to win. While the OP is of course attackable, a threshold of 15 would mean that you'd need way more attackers than you would defenders. And the current Kami/Kara populations wouldn't allow the Kami to even come close to the needed number of people.

I got a ton of respect for ya, DT, but this seems really fishy. There are less contraversial manners in which to get the crystals into the other guild. It may be a bit time consuming (just get a 3rd person and its a whole lot quicker), but it seems a whole lot less contraversial and doesn't raise the question regarding the shielding.

Ps. You're worried about an attack? why? look at the past, man... Kami can't take back the OPs in their own lands at the moment, let alone go galavanting off into the forest...
Old October 27th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #19
raynes

Correct me if I am wrong, but if guilds are allowed to transfer op's to other guilds, doesn't this set up a system that can easily be used to monopolize the op's?

I just see this as going down a very dangerous road where we start to have mega guilds in the game, controlling everything, squeezing the little guilds and solo players out of things. I've seen it happen in so many mmo's and it has caused me to leave each one.
Old October 27th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #20
rothimar

Quote:
I want to ensure the official status of this action also because we have allies that have wanted to exchange an OP regularly but we have always considered blocking others from attacking and artificially raising the threshold as an exploit.

I would think that if it is something you have considered an exploit in the past, you should consider it an exploit now. The fact that it benefits you shouldn't change your mind on the matter.

It's bad enough that politics are what they are without two guilds run by the same people using the game mechanics in a manner which breaks immersion, and seems to exceed the level of defense such an outpost should have.

I don't even know why you are asking this.
Closed Thread