Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old October 27th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #21
jamela

Re: (Officical CSR response requested) Growing pains...

I think DT is asking this because, while his guild and allies have refrained from behaviour that they see as exploitation, they have seen others take advantage for a long time, without any repercussions or complaints. Hence the request for an official line.
Old October 28th, 2006, 12:23 AM   #22
ajsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamela
I think DT is asking this because, while his guild and allies have refrained from behaviour that they see as exploitation, they have seen others take advantage for a long time, without any repercussions or complaints. Hence the request for an official line.

Sounds something like it to me.
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
Old October 28th, 2006, 02:37 AM   #23
bgraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vguerin
I am not sure which thread is the most proper for this post, but we'd like an official response if possible to prevent our breaking the CoC and official policies. Asking 10 homins whether it is proper or not has several responses, none official.

Melinoe is growing in leaps and bounds lately, bigger than in a LONG time. We have created an alternate guild (The name contains Melinoe in it, we are not trying to hide) to allow us room for expansion and growth. Would there be anything wrong with switching between guilds to fill alternating GH's as well as leveling the threshold ? Without an attack in months there is no other way to keep our defenses high regardless how vigilant we are.

I want to ensure the official status of this action also because we have allies that have wanted to exchange an OP regularly but we have always considered blocking others from attacking and artificially raising the threshold as an exploit.

Can we get on official response before accusations fly, forums PvP has no winner ?
damn Vguerin, must be an awful thing to have such problems. imagine the storage and threshold probles the guys who have had to work their way up without a q250 OP and cannot even think of attacking an OP as theres a huge alliance to squash them must be. your problems are just soooo much worse..is there anything i can do to comfort you in this terrible, awful time? I hate to see you going through such a dillema you poor unfortunate homin
Old October 28th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #24
iwojimmy

So if this goes ahead, will other people be allowed to join in the battles ?
Get a little bit of OP PvP, which is supposedly the real justification for their presence on Atys.

Presumably they will control the sides to ensure the scheduled guild wins.. but even so this could give some useful tactical practise to everyone, even 'randoms' and 'Kami scum'
Old October 28th, 2006, 06:05 AM   #25
rothimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamela

The request was phrased in such a manner that asks permission to participate in what was in DT's mind as an exploit. If other people are participating in what could be an exploit... wouldn't one report it as a possible exploit, not ask if they can do it too?
Old October 28th, 2006, 06:46 AM   #26
vguerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothimar
The request was phrased in such a manner that asks permission to participate in what was in DT's mind as an exploit. If other people are participating in what could be an exploit... wouldn't one report it as a possible exploit, not ask if they can do it too?
You are still a relatively new young Jedi and joined the side that is doing this... I merely want to know if it is okay if everyone else uses this (what many call an) exploit to block OP attacks.

Melinoe likes to play serious IG (and have fun) admittedly, but we don't like things that smell bad... if no response is given on whether what others are doing is accepted, it's quite possible that no OP's will ever change hands again if we all accept this as the "norm". Blocking is not fun, whether friend or foe. When an ally enquires about using this tactic, we collectively say it is wrong, but we see others doing this often... As someone that has claimed "there is no way for a new guild to get a foothold" I wonder if you don't know your allies are doing it and your enemy will not.

We all like to win, not everyone will do the same things to get a "win"...

[OOC]FYI man, a player did ask and the answer floored me (it was from a guide and the term "I think" really pained me), thats why I prefer we all know what is allowed and what is not.. NOBODY wants to feel cheap or cheated. I feel cheated as a player... there are guilds passing the wand every few weeks and raising the threshold fighting amongst themselves. It's artificially raising the threshold and preventing gameplay. I cannot in good faith (or IC) commit these kinds of acts...

If this is the standard condoned by the CSR staff, I can at least not be vocal to my allies about it being less than kosher... When your in an alliance you care what others think and as far as I know, the allies of Melinoe do not condone this behavior. If this is accepted behavior I will not only support my allies in doing it, I will call it fair gameplay...

We still won't do it in Melinoe... You want our OP, come take it... [/OOC]
Old October 28th, 2006, 06:58 AM   #27
marct

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraz
damn Vguerin, must be an awful thing to have such problems. imagine the storage and threshold probles the guys who have had to work their way up without a q250 OP and cannot even think of attacking an OP as theres a huge alliance to squash them must be. your problems are just soooo much worse..is there anything i can do to comfort you in this terrible, awful time? I hate to see you going through such a dillema you poor unfortunate homin
If you think storage isn't an issue after making it to Level 250 there is something wrong.

I myslef have a GH just for me on an alt that is over half full of Supreme Mats. That is without counting the thousands of mats I have turned over to the guild. Once you have a guild with 5 or more players storage immediately becomes a problem even without an OP.
Old October 28th, 2006, 07:58 AM   #28
naratuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct
If you think storage isn't an issue after making it to Level 250 there is something wrong.

I myslef have a GH just for me on an alt that is over half full of Supreme Mats. That is without counting the thousands of mats I have turned over to the guild. Once you have a guild with 5 or more players storage immediately becomes a problem even without an OP.
I agree completely Noin- I have a GH where we keep "working" mats and a second and soon third one for overflow...

Guild halls need a drastic revamp in storage and perhaps even some more rethinking about how guild appt access is handled. Maybe a crafters room where members could be given access to that rooms inventory- better sorting tools, the ability to craft from the gh and appt like you can from packers...

But then again I'm preaching to the choir because you know the pain already
Old October 28th, 2006, 07:59 AM   #29
rothimar

Quote:
You are still a relatively new young Jedi and joined the side that is doing this... I merely want to know if it is okay if everyone else uses this (what many call an) exploit to block OP attacks.

My relatively new status certainly does not invalidate my concerns over something which is considered an exploit by many... and the fact that you phrased the question...

Quote:
Melinoe is growing in leaps and bounds lately, bigger than in a LONG time. We have created an alternate guild (The name contains Melinoe in it, we are not trying to hide) to allow us room for expansion and growth. Would there be anything wrong with switching between guilds to fill alternating GH's as well as leveling the threshold ? Without an attack in months there is no other way to keep our defenses high regardless how vigilant we are.

...seemed like you would like to use what you were referring to as an exploit. I found that rather odd, that's all. If it breaks immersion, and if it is considered an exploit, people should be calling for it to be fixed rather than find out if it is ok to use it. Simply because an exploit isn't being thwarted by the CSR's at this time certainly doesn't make it honorable to use the exploit.

It might be prudent for me to point out at this time, that when I make reference to game mechanics, I try to look at something from the perspective of the overall picture. It doesn't matter who it is using an exploit... friends, allies, enemies, unknown persons... it's pathetic.

I am, quite frankly, surprised to see you consider using one.
Old October 28th, 2006, 05:11 PM   #30
vguerin

Quote:
I am, quite frankly, surprised to see you consider using one.
Your confused somewhere, two seperate issues... one was already answered by Marjo thankfully. Are you not reading except what you quote ?

We won't be a party to what doesn't seem right, but would like to know if it's considered an exploit so we can avoid asking others not to do it.

Quote:
It doesn't matter who it is using an exploit... friends, allies, enemies, unknown persons... it's pathetic.
Yet the conduct in question is going on @ Woodburn between Team Spirit and The Souls... We'd just like to know if it's okay for players to block OP's in this fashion...
Closed Thread