Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 29th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #41
danolt

Re: Been neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawe
actually the karavan are the hypocrites it seems as they say they don't allow homins in prime roots but in fact support them there.
i hope neutrals get better access in the future.

Commandment 5:
You shall not descend into the bowels of Atys lest the holy light leaves your heart, and the Dragon's darkness devours your soul.

What that means to me:

Do not abandon your Goddess and descend into the Abyss. Jena's love will not save us from the blindness of hate and fury of deliberate disobedience. She will not recall a soul that has abandoned her laws and deliberately journeyed into the darkest corners of the eyes of pain and evil. Do not seek the dragon

What that commandment plainy does not mean:

Do not go in the prime roots.

If you would listen, I think you might be able to hear.

Pero
danolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:02 AM   #42
iwojimmy

One thing the game designers did, which really impresses me, is avoided having a clear-cut "good side/evil side" division. Neither side is composed of saints and angels... and if the Lore ever gets twisted to the point they do, then Ryzom is finished. You can choose the side which your sympathies lie closest to, or oppose the Power whose policies you find repugnant, but its a personal moral choice and not a 'decree from on high'.. you fight for the Karavan because you want progress and freedom, not to be a member of an evil empire, or you fight for the Kami to protect the environment, not to enslave Homins to an alien race...

or, you look at the choices and say you cannot, in good conscience, support either of the Powers.

There will also be people who want to be baddies, and there will be people who want to be super-intolerant self-righteous bigots, and there will be people who want to be neutral for reasons entirely of their own.

As long as there is space for all of these, then Ryzom is still strong, and healthy .. but there is a perception, that the neutrals are being squeezed out of the game, that all the Devs efforts and attentions should be given to the Faction Followers.
This needs to be opposed.
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #43
sofiaoak

I don't think any playing style or choise is better than other. We all play this game for one reason only, to have FUN.

I do asume that when there is choises, players get full support to they choises from Development team. Forcing players to chose something what Development teams wanna, because there is bigger reward, isn't right. Give allways player the freedom of choise, so that all choises are about equal.

Example: I belong to guild and I asked why they fame of Karavan is so important to them. The answer was to get tp's for PR. So as neutral doesn't have that option, allmost none is neutral.

We should not have to choose what we do about witch choise has bigger reward, but how we wanna play this game for FUN. Restricting playing style choise, like deny ability neutral to tp to PR, isn't right. We neutrals also have harvesting skill for PR, why we have to walk to there, if others doesn't?

Also we have PvP outpost system, could we get same kind PvE system? I would like to defend our outpost agaist some kiting invasions, but I don't like to fight agaist other homings.
sofiaoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #44
raynes

Some of the responses in this thread amaze me. As one person pointed out there seems to be this attitude among some that playing the game sided as a follower of the Kami or Karavan means the person playing it has less morals that someone who plays neutral. Or that their gameplay has less of a place in Ryzom than others. That is total BS.

My character in game has been labeled a Kami Extremist. Meaning that I play my character in a way that the Kami the one to follow and if you don't follow them, then you are an enemy. Does this have anything to do with my beleifs in real life? NO!

The reason I started RP'ing that type of player and continue to do so is nothing more than wanting to spice of up my gameplay. If I RP a neutral there isn't much you can do that people will take notice. You kind of exist on Atys, but your actions are unheard of by most players. However if I RP a Kami or Karavan follower and do drastic things, word gets around. I choose Kami simply because I play a Zorai and it makes sense that a Zorai would follow a Kami. When I go and slaughter a tribe of Karavan followers, the post about it, I get responses.

While all that sounds like it's about me getting noticed, that really only is a very small part of it. Playing an extremist also does something to other players, it gets them to RP also. Not just a bit of RP either, a lot. I will have the Karavan followers saying they will hunt me down, the neutral players preaching the entire war bit is going to be the downfall of Atys, and the Kami players supporting me. That sort of reaction simply is not there when you RP that you don't support a side or do something neutral like marrying.

So don't sit back and think that one has higher morals or wants less out of gameplay simply because of a side they choose or don't choose. Anyone that RP's and tries to bring more RP to the game should be praised not looked down upon.
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:23 PM   #45
raynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaoak
Also we have PvP outpost system, could we get same kind PvE system? I would like to defend our outpost agaist some kiting invasions, but I don't like to fight agaist other homings.

But what if they want to fight you and want that outpost? You would have no choice but to defend. That is exactly what happens in PvP.
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #46
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynes
Anyone that RP's and tries to bring more RP to the game should be praised not looked down upon.

This sentence I agree 100% with.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:59 PM   #47
grimjim

Quote:
Some of the responses in this thread amaze me. As one person pointed out there seems to be this attitude among some that playing the game sided as a follower of the Kami or Karavan means the person playing it has less morals that someone who plays neutral. Or that their gameplay has less of a place in Ryzom than others. That is total BS.

Someone whose fun can only come at the expense of other people's fun is 'not a nice person'.

If you play a fanatic that _is_ a simplistic and easy RPing option. You can play a follower in a deeper fashion.

Funny how a throwawayhalf joking comment stirs things up isn't it? Must have touched a nerve...
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 05:43 AM   #48
sofiaoak

Quote:
But what if they want to fight you and want that outpost? You would have no choice but to defend. That is exactly what happens in PvP.
Not exact what I meaned, but more like todays PvE is about us going to find enemies. How about if enemies would come to us, so that we aren't just attacking, but defending too. It doesn't have to be outpost, but any place we homins wanna defend. It only have to be something what will have affect to our dayly life. Basicly meaning we homins have something to lose or it disturbing our dayly life. Example if one of our city is full of enemies, homins can't walk there free, before we defeat them all. Same with outposts. You can't go there when there is heavy Kitin affect. So we fight to protect our rights to be there.
sofiaoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #49
raynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjim
Someone whose fun can only come at the expense of other people's fun is 'not a nice person'.

If you play a fanatic that _is_ a simplistic and easy RPing option. You can play a follower in a deeper fashion.

Funny how a throwawayhalf joking comment stirs things up isn't it? Must have touched a nerve...

And someone who thinks PvP is only about having fun at someones expense, has no clue. Because the reality of PvP, especially the way it is setup in this game, it that it's never at the expense of anyone. But you wouldn't know that, you're too busy complaining how the game isn't what it should be.
Old October 30th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #50
raynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaoak
Not exact what I meaned, but more like todays PvE is about us going to find enemies. How about if enemies would come to us, so that we aren't just attacking, but defending too. It doesn't have to be outpost, but any place we homins wanna defend. It only have to be something what will have affect to our dayly life. Basicly meaning we homins have something to lose or it disturbing our dayly life. Example if one of our city is full of enemies, homins can't walk there free, before we defeat them all. Same with outposts. You can't go there when there is heavy Kitin affect. So we fight to protect our rights to be there.

So you're not looking for OP's that players would own, but more that NPC's would own and players would have to help protect?