Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 1st, 2006, 09:25 AM   #31
geezas

Re: Kitin Invasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cytis
Well, i was first very happy about this event, and they did really good job about the "new moon", the yubos, and these funny kitins with the green poison clouds (we called "green farter").

But for me its disappointing, that its just another grinding for hours. I hoped there would be a real "epic quest" with some riddles, looking for hints to follow a story (like the isle missions, there they showed already what they can do). After 4 hours i have already seen the event and got bored. Collecting 600 pieces for just another title ... thanks.

And a epic quest would be gathering 2000 pieces of kitin stuff ? or kill 200 kitins ? or kill the kitin boss 10 times ?

What sort of ' epic' are you looking for?
geezas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:25 AM   #32
sx4rlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cytis
But for me its disappointing, that its just another grinding for hours. I hoped there would be a real "epic quest" with some riddles, looking for hints to follow a story (like the isle missions, there they showed already what they can do). After 4 hours i have already seen the event and got bored. Collecting 600 pieces for just another title ... thanks.

4 hours and bored already? WOW i am impressed!

Somebody else (i think it was DT) posted in another thread a while back. Invasions arent done in a day, but take time. The last time we really had one, it didnt take 1 team, or 2 or 3 teams to kill the bosses... It took the WHOLE server population to kill and end the thread...

Now that is epic i think!
sx4rlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:32 AM   #33
fiach

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezas
This one? Yes

Best to go in a team, they don't go down easy but they do go down, you need some effort from a team. Sometimes they swarm and you are overrun, so it's back to square one. The rewards are a bit silly and I do not care much for em but the hunting difficult things with some people and living after 12 come racing at your group of 4 is verry exciting

I was in a team, they went down easy enough.

Yes the rewards are silly, I gave mine away.

Dunno, I find plod hunts that go pear shaped with a bad spawn, Dai Den getting peckish all at the same time pretty exciting and I get XP and mats
fiach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:25 AM   #34
rushin

yes, very much.

but

I’m really, really disappointed that some would complain that our world has changed a little. Atys is not dynamic enough, after all it’s sold as the living planet and it’s something to strive after having ecologies and seasons and behaviour that changes as time passes.

So reading ‘oh I’m gonna be upset if this lasts more than a few days cause there are big mean kitin on my jewel spots’ or ‘waaaaa our trek to matis is ruined’ makes me think these people deserve a big slap. Come on people try and be a little less self centered and enjoy yourselves.
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:30 AM   #35
rezak

So what is the reward actually? Im in Pyr and thery are way too thought to handle with my fight 49 skill. (I barely scratch them) and I doubt a team of same levelled players will fare any better. So I would like to know what the reward is before I try to kill another 37 (plus however many the reast of the team needs)
rezak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:30 AM   #36
gillest

And a big +1 for rushin

Edit : last post done same time as mine: maybe you could join any team even higher lvl and contribute by lil bit of healing, then u get ur share of coins ..

"we want to rule the world, to free our kind" (Shinken, Poete-healer)
Do not forget the old man words!

Too much PvP is bad for your sanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
holy crap I went to bed as jackoba and woke up sounding like jyudas :P
gillest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:32 AM   #37
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushin
after all it’s sold as the living planet and it’s something to strive after having ecologies and seasons and behaviour that changes as time passes.

Take one unpredictable planet, embelish it with an unpredictable eco system, populate it with unpredictable people, and VOLIA !!, the predictable result

I agree with you Rushin, Let's all enjoy what we signed up for
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:48 AM   #38
rezak

Problem is i'm more into fight than healing. Sure I have selfheal 4 but my heal other heals a whopping 15 to 40 (with amp). That will not save anyone.

But I can try though.
rezak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:52 AM   #39
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezak

But I can try though.

you know that 'small' heal you have will actually make a difference to if I live or die in a fight . I am under lvl 50 and spent last night aggro dragging the kitin to the town guards....so I have made my little area of Zora safer
No xp, but lots of fun
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:57 AM   #40
borg9

My views on the Invasion

I cussed like mad to find I logged in surround by 4* Orange Kitin.

I cussed like mad as Seren re-logged in after a 1 min warning on the AI reboot and found herself death. (she cussed to)

We cussed even more when we found our hunting equipment was on our packers 'Behind the kitin lines'

Things were thrown around our play room for a min or so, then we decided to play rather than complain.

We sneaked around the Kitin and got our equipment.

Cleared our DP in a very nice hunting spot we know.

Merged with another guild team and spent the night kicking Kitin.

Its very scary... Nevrax have listened...

-PvE rewards equivelent to OP rewards (PvP rewards).
-An invasion with level ranges based on region (so all can be involved regardless of level).
- mob groups of 3 and 6, a challange rather than a rampage.
- Titles to allow the memory of the event to last past the week.
- NO CLICK-FEST to get the rewards.
- Exchangable loot so teams can work as a team.
- slow/no respawns so you can 'make progress' and clear areas.

There is probable more too both to come and that was in last nights activities.

I hope Aris had as much fun as I/we did on Cho last night.

(Better notifications would be helpful, but tbh that would be such a hard on to get right! Telling us a day before that we are going to have an invasion of kitins would kinda spoil the suprise. I guess its up to us as players to deal with this in the right way.)
borg9 is offline   Reply With Quote