Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 20th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #61
grimjim

Re: Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrus
Afterwards, 2 kara and 2 neutrals are lying dead on the ground.
Then the forums would be filled with whining from the carebears who died.

Why would they wine?
Putting the tag on is optional.

A neutral tag could help or hinder, kill or be killed by and from both declared sides.

Or you could just add an open PvP flag for everyone on the same lines.
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #62
tigrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjim
Or you could just add an open PvP flag for everyone on the same lines.

Thats what the duel option is.
tigrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 10:47 PM   #63
mithur

Ok, I've being playing a few months, but there a re a few questions that slip to me in this thread. Maybe a newbie and "outside" view can bring some light to the issue. Or maybe just someone can explain me the words "between the line" in this thread.

Is this about Factions, or is about PvP?

In the first, anyone can take any faction without have to fight PvP. That's sure. And you can take some advantages from it, so no problem. Being neutral, I suposse, could be hardest at high level. I thin that be neutral could be a a great option, so it culd be fine if it's more balanced. I think, from outside, that it is a bit unbalanced. At least, by mechanics, not by lore, it appears a bad option from an outside view.

In the second, I don't understand the PvP problem. If you like PvP, you take the tag, and lose a lot of time figthing for no XP and no loot. Fine. If is a GvG, you loose a lot of time with no XP to bring your people some advantages (Outpost related).
That's fine, because the only player affected by this are the PvP players. Except, I think that the PvE only players have a feeling of abandom, I suposse, because the last developments has been about PvP (Outpost, spires, etc...). Well, fine they tell they conplaints, the devs will take their choices.

But, I don't understand a thing at all: Why a neutral can't be PvP tagged? That's a freedom cap, a very big freedom tag. Why I can't be a neutral mercenary who helps guilds or factions for money an materials? That could bring a more vibrant society (Secret pacts, allergiances, more diplomacy than a simply I-hit-the-damn-kamy-pretty-hard), and could be helpful for the more problematic side of the game, the high level economy, bringing the most expensive good, the players, with a new service... much more expensive than a guild apartment, or build a temple.

Maybe this is stupid; it doen't look to me like that. So now, if it is, i'd like an explanation. Remember that I'm a rookie, after all
mithur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:14 PM   #64
grimjim

Quote:

Not the same thing.
grimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:30 PM   #65
mugendo

Quote:

Just quit with the Duel comments

http://www.scummbar.com/community/ga...ting/index.php
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #66
tigrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo

No thats honestly my opinion of it.
A person should go either faction to tag up.
And thats how i feel about it and will say it, just like Jy has stated his wiev on pvp on these forums. This is something im going to state.
tigrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:52 PM   #67
ruslan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithur
But, I don't understand a thing at all: Why a neutral can't be PvP tagged? That's a freedom cap, a very big freedom tag. Why I can't be a neutral mercenary who helps guilds or factions for money an materials?

I can't tell you why and I agree it is a freedom cap. To be realistic, anyone should be able to kill anyone, and a tag system can make it consensual. That said, there's nothing to stop someone being a neutral mercenary. Tag fighting right now doesn't have any gains attached, however, outposts and the Prime Roots do, and you can fight with whomever you please in either circumstance.
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 12:13 AM   #68
mugendo

Quote:
A person should go either faction to tag up.

/agree (as it stands now)

the point about duel....is it is a seperate form of combat, just as PvE is...not relevant here.

As for neutral being recognised as a third faction, that will of course change the balance of power...and personally I will have to think long and hard before I commit myself to supporting or objecting to such a request.
All conflicts have many facets to them....but the reality is it comes down to two sides when the chips are down. As you like to refer to 'reality' Grimjim..this is one such reality.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 06:57 AM   #69
mithur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
/agree (as it stands now)
As for neutral being recognised as a third faction, that will of course change the balance of power...and personally I will have to think long and hard before I commit myself to supporting or objecting to such a request.
All conflicts have many facets to them....but the reality is it comes down to two sides when the chips are down. As you like to refer to 'reality' Grimjim..this is one such reality.

(I'll try to write a little better)

I think that is a conceptual problem. The neutrals won't be a third faction, I don't think that's the way. A leader of neutrals in storyline it's not a good idea. I think, IMHO, that the devs must give some options in the mechanics for neutrals being a lot of little an independant factions. Mostly individuals, or neutrals guilds, as powers.

In certain circumstances, they'll join the fight with Kamy, in others, they'll join the Karavan. Mainly, the'll go at their own.

And will be other neutrals, mercenaries, that don't care about that, and go with the people or guilds that pay him in cats, mats or money. That will be a boost to freedom, economics and diplomacy, in my mind...
mithur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 07:08 AM   #70
raven41

Just something that botheres me... Why should neutrals get tags? I think it would lead to more bad then good... And second and this is what bothers me... Why do (some)'neutrals' think that neutral should be its own faction... That doesn't really make sence to me, If they are a faction then they are not neutral imo...

And wow im tired, Probably wont remember even posting this... So if it doesn't make sence, well ignore it
raven41 is offline   Reply With Quote