Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Account Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old November 23rd, 2006, 02:56 AM   #11
cosmo365

Re: About your account during the transition period

So...answer me this. I just (like in the last week or two) subscribed. If I cancel my account, will I get the remainer of the month and a free month?
cosmo365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 04:28 AM   #12
raynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo365
So...answer me this. I just (like in the last week or two) subscribed. If I cancel my account, will I get the remainer of the month and a free month?

There is no canceling of accounts because everyone is a free account now. Currently you are being billed by Nevrax, Nevrax will be no more in the next month, so they stopped all billing.

They can't tell you any more because it is up to whoever takes over Ryzoms assets to decide all of that. That entity is not yet known.
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 12:25 PM   #13
mojito

....just my luck. My subscription period ended just a few hours before the said time, so before reading the news i sent some money via PBC (for the first time).
The payment is still pending... So the money I sent goes to no one or what?

Btw can anyone recommend another decent MMO with a free trial? In my searches it seems near impossible to find anything half as enjoyable as Ryzom....
And as someone said before me; the island just dosn't cut it.

Thnx for the info though... At least I'm not as confused as I've been since Monday........
mojito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 05:22 PM   #14
praha

I find it ironic that the people who decided not to sub at before their time expired are whining about Nevrax going bankrupt and that being the reason they can't play. Granted 2-5 accts wouldn't have been the difference between "make it" or "break it".
praha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 08:22 PM   #15
jarko

heyive got 4 acc so they cant complain to me i dont pay enough / month
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #16
dragino

Although i am a newb to the game, i would hate to see this end. The game has been a great experience for me so far and i feel it can only get better. I sincerely hope that the issues are resolved and the world continues to thrive. I'm rootin' for ya and I hope everything turns out fine.
dragino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2006, 02:08 AM   #17
knittroo

Here's to hoping that when this all gets resolved that the people who were unlucky enough to not be subscribed when this happened can still sub and get their characters back.

Admittedly, I was not playing Ryzom when the transition started. I could not pay for my account and food at the same time. I chose to eat. Now I have to play on the new kids' island and have hardly any hope of rejoining my mainland friends any time soon. It's kind of crushing when you finally regain the means to play and you can't. And to someone who had a high lvl toon, the island isn't playing.

I'm not trying to be all doomy gloomy... it's just depressing to want to pay and play and not be able to.

Maybe I shall take my resub money and go watch Happy Feet a few times in a row...

-the new account formerly known as KnitCucumber (hiya to all my buddies)
knittroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2006, 02:42 AM   #18
katriell

@ Anyone who feels like complaining about these circumstances...

Go read up on the takeover of "Horizons: Empire of Istaria" by EI Interactive. Then look back here and be happy.

ï = ALT+0239 | advice for mission design | Zoraï masks
long-distance communication | some foods and drinks | Zoraï pictograms
"Ryzom: We dare to be different. Do you dare to adapt?" - Acridiel
katriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:24 PM   #19
fattus

Here comes an interesting alternative idea for all those who has been "hanging in there" - supporting this wonderful game from the early days with both grief and sorrow as well as with screams of laughter and tears of joy.

(The info below comes from www.nevrax.org - the contributor of NeL the free game engine in SoR)

/Aprak

http://aprak.webhop.net/
http://cea-history.blogspot.com/

=x= Snip follows
If you have followed latest news on Ryzom.com (cache), you know that Nevrax' MMORPG, Ryzom, will soon have a new owner, still to be selected.

One of the candidates is a project aiming to release Ryzom to the free software community. Here is an excerpt of their website:

"Help us make Ryzom a Free MMORPG! Donate now to help us purchase the source code, artwork and intellectual property associated with Ryzom, so we can breathe new life into it as an open, democratically run player project."

If sufficient donation pledges are received and if the project is eventually selected among others, all Ryzom technology might join NeL into the free software world.

=x= Snip ends
fattus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:42 PM   #20
fattus

P.S.
Perhaps obvious (or others might have mentioned it), but just in case... Here's a link to that project/campaign: http://www.ryzom.org/

Why not donate 1 month subscription worth?

http://www.ryzom.org/donation/new

D.S. /Ap
fattus is offline   Reply With Quote