cygnus

Re: Help save Cho!!

^^^^^^

Well said that man !!
cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 01:18 AM   #22
d29565

I am usually around from about 2pm EST until 9pm EST (depending on the day).
I am willing to level some skills.
As of now:
Heal is 169
Nuke is 100
CC is 63ish
1H is 82ish
Send Siobhan a /tell if you'd like to team.
d29565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 01:50 AM   #23
maccer16

people say cho is a waste of time but people who say that are wrong .. you say the pop on it is low hey everythink grows in time people are on cho because the balance for the op on the main server hey us kami and fighting to get balance back and we are doing great let cho go on i have many freinds on cho wish they would come back but they happy where they are hints people if you dont like cho dont play on it
maccer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:44 PM   #24
rustle

I'm usually not around, but from time to time i do log in during GMT evenings.

Elemental magic 101
Defensive afflictian 78
2h edged 70
healing 125, but i prefer training one of the other skills

/tell kameleon if you'dd like to go on a hunt together (ps: i have access to all lands)

Last edited by rustle : December 9th, 2006 at 12:33 PM.
rustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:02 PM   #25
raynes

Quote:
Originally Posted by slay13
Look, i honestly could care less about arispostle or why it either wants/doesnt want cho.

That's nice, we gave you are opinion anyway.
raynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:18 PM   #26
totnkopf

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynes
That's nice, we gave you are opinion anyway.

I love how a guy starts a thread to help out the severs hes playing on and half the replies here are "waaaaaaa... Boo Cho!"
jeezus people.... the guys trying to help his server out and create a closer community and all you folk can do is say "that server shouldn't even exist". Wonderful "helpful, mature community" at work again....
How about you actually respect his wish that if you want to discuss the need for Cho in a new thread and allow this one to actually serve its purpose.

Sorry for the post Beefy. I think what you're trying to do here is great. Keep up the good work and ignore the Aris fools
totnkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:22 PM   #27
ummax

erm not to interupt this "lovefest" hehe but I have a character on Cho, but I left him on the starter island and although this is a fascinating topic of which server is better isn't he stuck there for like well about a month or whatever it is they said till they restart billing?
ummax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:36 PM   #28
slay13

Thx for the post totnkopf, pretty much sums up my feelings also. If you guys feel like just tryin to be jerks...please do it elsewhere in another thread. Its not like i "hijack" your "Ryzom Wiki" thread to post my feelings on OP's and why they do or dont help Ryzom, or PvP vs. PvE, same goes for the server discussion. Its another topic entirely, please respect others threads the same way as they also do yours in the future.

ummax, that depends, are you currently a paying member already? If so, then you can re-roll on cho anytime and go on to the mainland i believe, i may be wrong since this is my first char, but i think thats how the situation stands now. If your playin a free trial sub, then yes...you'll unfortunatly have to wait until further notice to come to the mainland on either server.
slay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:13 AM   #29
gendriks

What would you do if tomorrow all your characters that used to say Cho all said Arispotle?

Would you quit, or would you keep playing?
gendriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 02:54 PM   #30
shinon

I recently started playing Ryzom as well (appears I just upgraded a few days before they cut off new accounts as well) and in all honesty, even Arispotle seems super empty. They don't show us the total server population, but I would not be at all surprised to learn it was only a few hundred even during primetime.

It also does not bode well to me that the only "expansion" to the game is a set of scenario tools akin to RTS games, where the person who created it must host for anyone to play. Therefore if they want to create new scenarios, or just play the normal game, then nobody can enjoy their scenario. Some type of scenario hosting by the Ryzom servers should have been part of the Ring to begin with IMHO.

Besides the expansion, I also got the feeling that the budget was incredibly low based on the bare minimum implementation of the quest system on the mainland. I will admit that their 2nd pass through at quests (aka Ruins of Silan) is more or less good sans a few bugs. The mainland though is nearly all filler quests sadly. Also, the weapon balance to be as badly off as it is still 2 years after the game was released shows the small budget as well where game tweaks are concerned.

Long story short: Ryzom surprised me with its very good background premise, when I was expecting just another one of the dozens of shovelware MMOs that have arrived over the last 5 years. I hope that whomever takes over Ryzom will let the original developers continue on their original vision, and merely gives them the budget and extra people they need to fix and polish the game.
shinon is offline   Reply With Quote