Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old January 8th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #101
blaah

Re: Faction Nerfs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
bring back kitin patrols, reintroduce challenge to the roots that is really lacking atm.
using r2 term: make pr area one big rest/hunt/eat zone for mobs.
depending area size and test results add enough mobs in the area to be possible dig there ;-)
they will more or less spread out equally... and whats important, they move around leaving no real safe spots to get bored.
(ofcourse herbi areas can be smaller and more close to water/etc)

pr is "boring" (for old pr digger) because of static mob locations.
Old January 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM   #102
moyaku

I totaly agree on this ! give us the KPs back (and make them larger than they use to be )
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:06 AM   #103
tigrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjim

The choice many of us made to be neutral was made before these things were 'nerfed'. We had teleport access to the towns and the PR. Tryton was playing much more of an active role, the rebuilding of the lands and rediscovering homin heritage had a much greater role. The choice we made fit the lore, fit the game experience, fit the events and fit the RP and the overall sense of the game..

So you are unable to adapt to changes?
You do realise that the dinosaur's died out because of that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjim

If someone threatens to punch you in the face, that's the time to do something about it, not AFTER they've split your lip and broken your nose.

Actually, if you do something before he does, you will be the person throwing the first punch, therefor the person that will take the fall in a court room.
Trust me on that.

Why cry when its not even happened? Its been suggested, no need for the whine. YET.
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:15 AM   #104
ashling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrus
Actually, if you do something before he does, you will be the person throwing the first punch, therefor the person that will take the fall in a court room.
Trust me on that.

You could just dodge the punch instead of getting a retaleation in first
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #105
qurzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
this is what I am saying jyudas
the only difference is you have to start in another place than us. introducing patrols would not change things enough to justify giving neutrals back their PR teleports. I'm trying to explain this to you from the point of view of someone who has spent more time in PR than I have overground.

Lol, there is that stupid argument again, what does justify the current situation then? Im really curious why neutrals should not have acces to PR tp's.
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #106
moyaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurzo
Lol, there is that stupid argument again, what does justify the current situation then? Im really curious why neutrals should not have acces to PR tp's.

A question I have been asking to myself many times... maybe Devs will answer that one
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #107
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrus

Trust me on that.

You are aware the law has already failed you when the first punch is thrown ?
Therefore putting your faith in the legal system at the conflict stage is the actions of a passive victim....many such people have themselves become extinct using this logic. The smart person anticipates potential danger areas and prepares themself accordingly.
Prevention is always better than cure in my book, this logic I apply to all aspects of life.
Old January 8th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #108
michielb

What is it, I wonder, that Kami and Kara have to lose by allowing neutrals access to the PR tp's?
Old January 8th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #109
tigrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
You are aware the law has already failed you when the first punch is thrown ?
Therefore putting your faith in the legal system at the conflict stage is the actions of a passive victim....many such people have themselves become extinct using this logic. The smart person anticipates potential danger areas and prepares themself accordingly.
Prevention is always better than cure in my book, this logic I apply to all aspects of life.

I didnt say i aint prepared, I said I wait until he throws the punch, that doesnt mean he will hit;P

Ive been a martial arts fighter in contests for years.
I still to this date hasnt lost a fight that was outside of a contest.
But ive never thrown the first punch either...
Old January 8th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #110
sprite

Ok lets stick to topic please - this is about Kitin Patrols, not whether the devs were right to remove PR access to neutrals. If you think that reintroducing KPs should be accompanied by a change in Neutral TP access fine, but please don't just whine about the TP access without even bothering to stick to topic. (yes the people who posts quoted below may have made other posts on topic, but offtopic posts only encourage more offtopic ones)

Quote:
What is it, I wonder, that Kami and Kara have to lose by allowing neutrals access to the PR tp's?
Quote:
And as for it being a "stupid argument" - the neutrals don't have PR TPs. Neither do factioned players who don't have 60 fame, its a fact and the topic here is not that specifically - its about KPs and the fact remains that, as Jack and other people have said repeatedly, KPs give an equal danger to factioned players as non-factioned players. Sure yuo can pick specific nodes that are far easier for a Kamist to get to than a neutral, you can also pick loads of nodes that are way easier for them to get to than a Karavaneer, and there's nodes that are closer to external portals than to TPs; its all a matter of where you start and what you want to dig, so here it is again... KPs would affect everyone equally.

As for that graph Jyudas, why not make it an exponential? A logarithmic? A Cubic? An inverse proportionality? Stop making up silly graphs and examples to suit your argument and listen to people who know more about the topic than you do.
Remember kids, IOWIYAFOO!
Closed Thread