Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > Customer Support > Ring Support
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 10th, 2007, 05:37 PM   #11
frakel

Re: Odd porting bug

And another bump.

I have several ring scenarios (and events) in planning. Currently all of these are on hold. The reason: I have experienced the same bugs as "901941" and others, and I do not want to host a scenario or event and then discover that some players cant participate due to these bugs. Even more I do not want to risk crashing the game for me or any of the participating players.

The ring has great potential but sorting these things is a must for it to become popular. Im quite certain that I am not the only potential scenario maker who is postponing projects until this is fixed.

And turning off my firewall (as previously suggested) and thus risk hacking is not a solution Im gonna try out!

Last edited by frakel : January 16th, 2007 at 02:28 PM.
frakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #12
nephy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by frakel
And turning off my firewall (as previously suggested) and thus risk hacking is not a solution Im gonna try out!
This is the only way that I have found to allow myself access to the Ring with Zonalarm (free edition). And I just turned on the Windows Firewall when I turned off my proper firewall, which is naff, but better than nothing. You should be able to just open up some of your ports if you have a different firewall (or the paying version of Zonealarm).

Zerlin has documented what you need to do to open your ports for Ryzom, though it seems that only the Ring ports cause a problem generally. I feel that should change the port range for the Ring since the majority of people are fine with the other port ranges, so it is just that they chose a bad range for the Ring. If people can play the game without messing around with ports, but just can't access the Ring, then this is just another reason that people aren't using the Ring.
nephy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 07:30 PM   #13

I have done all that has been said here plus suggestions from GM's but I still have these issues regularly. I always turn off the firewall when entering the game, so I don't think its the firewall. I've open all the ports, downloaded new drivers, deleted my autosave folder, did a complete game Check Data, I've started from scrach all of my scenarios after the patch, and still encounter the same issues.

I agree with Frakel, I've had to put all scenarios on hold because these issues have not been resolved for me. I too think the ring has great potential and now that I've learned to use it a little more I can't wait to show my scenarios. But please lets ge the ball rolling and get these fix. I bet as soon as they are fix there will hardly be anyone in the mainland.
901941 is offline   Reply With Quote