Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 30th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #11
neuze

Re: Survival Vs Change

nice post,
beeing fairly new in this game and on forums, i think my opinion isn't worth very much.
All i want to say that this is the most friendly, relaxt game i ever played.

i've fallen in love .......
And that make's me vulnerable. Loyal like i am, i want to be sure the relation last a very long time.

Don't let us down........

matora
neuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #12
kervala

That's a new beginning for Ryzom I think
Old January 30th, 2007, 04:33 PM   #13
raven41

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9
Its also the release of Vanguard today.

I would be there if my comp could handle it...And will be there once I get my new comp in the next few months , However, I have no plans of dropping my Ryzom account, Unless GF makes some huge changes that I hate, Because I still plan on playing Ryzom after I start VG.(first few weeks I wont play Ryzom much ofcourse, It will be like a vacation from my second home )
raven41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 02:51 AM   #14
praha

Dunno what GF was thinking. Coming to a verbal agreement with Jolt then the subsequent retraction 72 hrs later. Four longstanding, non-paid accts (read between the lines here) with a large wealth of game knowledge have been cancelled due to this. Zerlin, Souls and the rest of the team had a better grasp of the issues at hand than most of the Nevrax crew. Getting rid of Jolt just pushed back game developement months if not a year plus. Never thought I would agree with Jy but GF is really just Nevrax 2.0. Just trying to reinvent the wheel, putting as little money and effort into this game just to keep the subs in long enough for them to squeeze out another Euro.

GF is totally clueless as to what is going on with Ryzom with respect to bugs, community issues with the current gamestate, etc. Keeping Jolt around another 3-6 months would have helped them in this transitionary period.

Might be time to put my acct on hold till GF gets serious about fixing this game...
praha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 03:06 AM   #15
xenofur

Quote:
Originally Posted by praha
long enough for them to squeeze out another Euro.
actually, they're not making any cash, currently gf is still putting in more money than ryzom makes.
xenofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 03:22 AM   #16
praha

Sounds like Nevrax 2.0 to me. Same ole business model. Little or no direction. No game evolution since April 2004.
praha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 03:27 AM   #17
jennaelf

The most unsettling part is removing tried and true, great customer service from a game whose reputation THRIVED on the fact that it had great customer service.

Those that're leaving - by the gods we'll miss you.

Those of us that're staying - some are excited. I'm apprehensive. Having the CSR removed so quickly, after being told they'd stay (yes, I know, the almighty Money rules)... And then the words "content" and "quests" coming up, make it sound so much like Ryzom is going to fall into the Standard MMO Paradigm.

I'll cross my fingers and wait. I won't hold my breath.
jennaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 07:55 PM   #18
mrshad

The game can not stay alive if it costs more than it makes.

Jolt submitted a proposal that was simply too expensive for the amount that SoR brings in.

Apparantly, Jolt doesn't love us enough to loose money in order to hang around with us.

GF has given us a list of the top three things they are working on. Ranged Combat, economy improvements, making the client smaller. So the "roadmap" is there, as much as it ever was.
mrshad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 09:46 PM   #19
acridiel

And why can´t the same volunteers work inder GF now?
That´s what I find realy interesting...
And confusing and sadening...

*sigh*

CU
Acridiel
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 10:17 PM   #20
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridiel
And why can´t the same volunteers work inder GF now?
That´s what I find realy interesting...
And confusing and sadening...

Nevrax spent years building trust and a rappore with the playerbase of Ryzom, This is an assett that remains with them when they lost control/ownership of the game, Gameforge must replace that aspect of the product through their own efforts.
Those who stay give them a chance to prove themselves will look back and judge if it was the right decision. Those who leave have the option to return......If they are left with that option by the community.
This also applies to the voluntary CSR...well..it effects all who is remotely connected to this venture.
I know from bitter experience (NGE and SOE) that placing trust in a company that dissapoints is annoying and frustrating.....It is best to let all take the action they feel necessary for now....and the future will reveal who made the 'correct' decision.
So, to all those leaving/taking a break/resting/deciding...I understand your choice, and respect your decision, and wish you all the best.
Mugendo.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote