Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 2nd, 2007, 11:06 AM   #21
tr808

Re: Want new players? Start marketing it! Increase Silan lvl cap!

In all fairness, go and make a new account, make a clear mind like u never played this game and go and play the free trial.... ull see how fast ur fighting skilltree becomes capped. I bet most of u dont even remember ur first 21 lvlsl anymore and this is not intented as a flame towards everyone, i just challenge anyone who says current free trial is enough to do this.
tr808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 11:27 AM   #22
rushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaah
they should just remove xp reward in tutorial missions on silan. no such thing in mainland anyway.

I cant agree with this enough. The reason ppl reach 21 so fast is because of the franky stupid xp rewards on the missions. You will give people a much better experience if you remove the xp.
rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 11:29 AM   #23
acridiel

The Fun thing here is that before, when the 14 day trial was normal, people would scream to make it open ended. *LOL*
I looove how history repeats itself here.

And as for raising the level-Cap.
This would mean a complete redesign of Silan.
At least MOB wise.
Remember, those mobs only give you decent XP when you are below 21.
Then it starts degrading.
They would have to redo the complete XP and level setting on Silan.

I know some people who do go through the grind of reaching lvl 50 despite this... and these STAY on Silan, just to be the "biggest, meanest" etc. In FULL KIRO-Armor with "all epic-Quest-Wapons"...*coughcough*
They like to lord it over others on Silan and they wouldn´t go to the mainland if you paid their subscription. Because they would then be "small fish in the pond" again. *LOL*

Others still enjoy Silan just the way it is, despite these idiots. And they would not go to the mainland because they like their free game.
They have fun, RP a bit, PvP a bit and don´t even think of comming to the mainland. They don´t care.

Others almost can´t wait to come to ML, just because.
They want to be part of the main comunity and want to "pay the price" involved in it. Be it money, or the "oh so hard" leveling.

My dear friend, the problem I see is that you only see your and your friends small part of the picture
There are other styles of play out there then just "I like PvP", or "I like RP" or whatnot. They all would need to be adressed in a new commercial.
This takes time to develop.
Atm they are using the cool Adds Nevrax developed a while ago in their Games, wich I repeat are played in 18 (eightteen) Countries all over the world. And as far as I´ve heard OGame alone has about 50.000 players in Germany. I don´t know the Numbers worldwide, but I´d guess them to be about 2-3 million Players.
And that´s ONE of their Games alone.

People try a game for so many different reasons and they decide to stay or leave for just as many.
So I´m rather sure that new Advertising is in the works, but it takes a little time to get those contracts with Magazines and Stores and other Game-Companies.

You can´t just go there and set up a commercial of your game.
Oh, that would be fun. And no Commercial Agency would make a dime out of it. And no Commercial Designers would make a dime out of it.
In fact these Jobs would not be needed.
Just stand at a corner and shout about your favorite Game.
People will surely flock to you!

I do advertise in all forums I visit, belive me. But so do others.
If people see your add, try the Game and find it lacking... is it your fault?
Is it the fault of the game?
Is it the fault of those who thought this game would be "more like WoW"?
(I´ve heard this line of reason a few times, yes...)

It´s a bit of all. Think a bit about this.
And a new owner just can´t snap it´s fingers and everything turns to gold

Edit: And yes, I agree with removing the XP from quests.
That would help and would not make a change in MOB XP necessary.

CU
Acridiel
acridiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 11:49 AM   #24
ashling

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridiel

Not really, there wasn't a cap on Silan before it was set to 21 and they didn't redesign it when they did that.

Quote:
I know some people who do go through the grind of reaching lvl 50 despite this... and these STAY on Silan, just to be the "biggest, meanest" etc. In FULL KIRO-Armor with "all epic-Quest-Wapons"...*coughcough*
They like to lord it over others on Silan and they wouldn´t go to the mainland if you paid their subscription. Because they would then be "small fish in the pond" again. *LOL

As someone that stayed on Silan on Cho untill I had fight 51 before going to the mainland I did it for none of the reasons you just gave Acridiel. I was still wearing ranger armor at that stage and I never ever went oh look at me amn't I great. As you say later in your post people do things for lots of different reasons so your attitude here to people staying past 21 isn't fair.

Quote:
Edit: And yes, I agree with removing the XP from quests.
That would help and would not make a change in MOB XP necessary.

I don't think I agree there. Sure it would more accurately reflect the mainland but then to completely reflect the mainland would you add in a dappar and fame reward to the missions and take out the item rewards?
ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 11:56 AM   #25
blaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr808
I bet most of u dont even remember ur first 21 lvlsl anymore and this is not intented as a flame towards everyone, i just challenge anyone who says current free trial is enough to do this.
yeah, i do. back then, there was no silan, no tutorial, no nothing. just you alone in region with mobs and npc's ;-)

i miss that place ;-(
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:06 PM   #26
freeeax

Quote:
And as for raising the level-Cap.
This would mean a complete redesign of Silan.
At least MOB wise.
You can do lvl 50 in kitin jungle without problems. Ive done that last summer, when there was no 21 cap. I think you can have lots of fun till lvl 50 there.
freeeax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:10 PM   #27
tr808

Quote:
My dear friend, the problem I see is that you only see your and your friends small part of the picture
There are other styles of play out there then just "I like PvP", or "I like RP" or whatnot. They all would need to be adressed in a new commercial.
This takes time to develop.
Atm they are using the cool Adds Nevrax developed a while ago in their Games, wich I repeat are played in 18 (eightteen) Countries all over the world. And as far as I´ve heard OGame alone has about 50.000 players in Germany. I don´t know the Numbers worldwide, but I´d guess them to be about 2-3 million Players.
And that´s ONE of their Games alone.

I think u also need to have a look in the mirror but thats another story

Also i think the people that Gameforce's previous games aply to arent necesarly the people to whom Ryzom will aply, as i recall correctly this is their first MMORPG and the other ones are 'simple' browser games...

Not necesarly the puplic interested in games like this, but when almost every single person who tryed this game comes back in the topics of other forums and says: "i liked the game and his gameplay but i just havent seen enough to pull me over" then there is something wrong imo cuz i believe this game beats games like WoW on every front , also this are not my friends but people from another MMORPG i played ( a game with 11 shards, wich each consist of 3 always fully packed seperate shards linked to the same Main shard) and from some of the biggest Game sites in my country. My friends are mostly playing already or at least almost.

And as last i dont see why the cool adds, as u call them, from Nevrax cant be used now at this time for advertising
Old March 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM   #28
mugendo

Quote:
In all fairness, go and make a new account, make a clear mind like u never played this game and go and play the free trial.... ull see how fast ur fighting skilltree becomes capped. I bet most of u dont even remember ur first 21 lvlsl anymore and this is not intented as a flame towards everyone, i just challenge anyone who says current free trial is enough to do this.

But the purpose of Silan is to learn the basics,
Silan teaches the basics of the game, how to fight, dig, craft, prospect, etc....
Those who rech level 21 and are 'bored' find they have missed the whole point of Silan.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 01:09 PM   #29
tr808

They are not bored it is just most people dont flick out 15 euro's as easy as i did after i got the 21 cap in novemeber Dont forget ppl tend to think in lvls not experience
Old March 2nd, 2007, 01:17 PM   #30
ashling

Quote:
Also i think the people that Gameforce's previous games aply to arent necesarly the people to whom Ryzom will aply, as i recall correctly this is their first MMORPG and the other ones are 'simple' browser games...

They are doing the European version of another MMO too I think, remember reading something about it but leaving that aside they're "simple" browser games have alot of users which gives me the impression they know how to market to one type of online gamer at the very least.

Quote:
i believe this game beats games like WoW on every front

Well that is down to taste, I agree with you that Ryzom for me is better in every way then WoW but not ever gamer is going to agree.

Quote:
And as last i dont see why the cool adds, as u call them, from Nevrax cant be used now at this time for advertising

Well Nevrex went bankrupt so while they could use the adds Nevrex had they probably don't want to use them in the same way
ashling is offline   Reply With Quote