Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old March 14th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #51
tigrus

Re: Community, what community?

Without hate of certain players and the ability to be BETTER then others, competition stops, and the need to develop stops.

The kami alliance, is a forum. Simple as that, why? because they dont want to be lead, not by anyone. No matter who it is.

Everyone needs to learn this is a game, put on a gameface, and compete. But come on, the namecalling needs to stop.
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:41 PM   #52
dakhound

Oo wasnt aware the Ka had leaders too, unless you ofc count guildleaders?

sure some of us get shouty at op battles, but herding people into position needs to happen as everyone knows.

someone better tell me who the bosses are before I accidentally insult some of them and they ask for my head :P
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #53
kyesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
Oo wasnt aware the Ka had leaders too, unless you ofc count guildleaders?

sure some of us get shouty at op battles, but herding people into position needs to happen as everyone knows.

someone better tell me who the bosses are before I accidentally insult some of them and they ask for my head :P

The kami all have their own choice if they wish to attend an attack against a certain guild, the karavan are far more supportive of any attack the alliance has, as for people shouting in battles thats normal, there needs to be battle leaders on both sides and the kami do okay in that resepct.
Im sure the KA hve certain people who are far more involved in organisation than others, maybe leaders is not the right word but they devote alot of their time to making it work.
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #54
sprite

"News Flash" - The term Karavan Alliance was invented by Kamists to describe a group of guilds who grouped together the night before OPs were implemented and agreed to defend each other. The community defines itself, get used to it

As for the original post, I still fondly remember the first time I was shown the way to Darkmoor by a group of Zorai *sighs and pops on his rose-tinted specs*
Remember kids, IOWIYAFOO!
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:53 PM   #55
arfindel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrus
Without hate of certain players [...]competition stops, and the need to develop stops.

Sad point of view.
And to think this is only imported from parts of RL...

Hate is destructive and self destructive too, but I thought that's a basic truth, and we all know it. Conflict, competition is always there, as long as there will be humans playing games, and homins to share Atys, has nothing to do with hate.
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #56
tigrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfindel
Sad point of view.
And to think this is only imported from parts of RL...

Hate is destructive and self destructive too, but I thought that's a basic truth, and we all know it. Conflict, competition is always there, as long as there will be humans playing games, and homins to share Atys, has nothing to do with hate.

Sad point of view? Maybe hate wasnt the best word.
But distaste might be better. The want to be better then someone else. THAT want, that feeling inside is a feeling worth stribing for. That feeling of standing as number 1 in a large sport competition, that feeling cant be beaten. Not with all the money in the world.

And those that have done it, knows exactly what I am talking about.
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #57
qurzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrus
Sad point of view? Maybe hate wasnt the best word.
But distaste might be better. The want to be better then someone else. THAT want, that feeling inside is a feeling worth stribing for. That feeling of standing as number 1 in a large sport competition, that feeling cant be beaten. Not with all the money in the world.

And those that have done it, knows exactly what I am talking about.

Ppl who been there also know that being nr 1 is also very relative.
In games like this you can't be better then someone else....ppl who play games like this to be better then someone else always end up frustrated.
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #58
danolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseh
Yes, conflict is the basis of any story, however if you ever took literature, the physical conflict is very rarely the main conflict of a story. It's very rarely about the winner or the war, even war novels are about the triumph of the human spirit or about an ideology. So please, don't talk like there are no ways to play this game without PvP, it's almost insulting.

I was not talking about PvP. No player starts off the game as Kami or Karavan they have to work their fame, then they have to go through a rite. You have to choose to become factioned. It is not easy, it is not something that can be done overnight. It is suppose to have meaning. Each faction has a world view, there is no middle ground and that is why the factions are at war. If you support the ideas of your faction you can not support the other, they are opposites. There is a war because the ideas are in conflict.

Roseh, you may say you are anti pvp in game, but you are certainly bringing the fight to the forums, in fact you are the one that dropped the napalm that started this latest tit for tat. So pardon me if I take your posts for what they are, an attack.

Once a player chooses a faction they have chosen to participate in the Saga. If you want out of the story (conflict), get out of the factions. I suspect that the vast majority of people screaming for peace have never spent more then 2 minutes looking at the lore. I suspect that those who think our characters can get along have no idea what the factions stand for. If you spent the time to raise your fame, perform an oath in game, it is reasonable that a player can assume that your character stands for a cause and is pursuing the objectives of the faction that was chosen. Unfortunately many factioned players have no idea what is written on the temple walls they have sworn allegiance to. I fully realize AA is an oddity for taking their Oaths seriously.

Every few months, someone comes along and wants everyone to stop being factioned, ignore their oaths, the history , their characters, the lore, game mechanics, etc..because all of those things are wrong, it is really all about sharing and happiness. They say if we all just get along nothing bad is ever going to happen again, there will be no more battles, there will be no more growth, no development, we will all live in consensus, and worship the trees. Which are amazingly similar to the goals of Ma-Duk.

Pero
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #59
amitst

Katriell how can you believe that there is anything inherently wrong or evil about charity?

By definition you are helping those that for some reason could not make it. Many of those reasons may be reasons that you should. Any interaction would be a form of judgement, or at least a form of judgement far more severe than no charity at all.
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #60
mugendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolt
They say if we all just get along nothing bad is ever going to happen again, there will be no more battles, there will be no more growth, no development, we will all live in consensus, and worship the trees. Which are amazingly similar to the goals of Ma-Duk.

Pero

I worship nobody.....those trees and I are just good friends
Closed Thread