Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old April 11th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #91
dakhound

Re: Escalation of the war(S)?

*turns usual evil jack mode off* (ooc if you like)

I'm sorta so-so on the original idea, I would like to see new content full stop and "finished" content at that. I would like something that involves all the players on atys and means we have to work together, I've burnt many bridges in this game on the whole but one of the most surprising things that ever happened to me was once during the "raid desert stock" event I found myself and my KoO team alongside Jayce and the reapers fighting our way to the top and working together. I enjoyed that aspect of enemies coming together for a cause.

maybe something like this but on a more permanent basis might mellow the conflict and build a few bridges again.

just a few ideas of the top of my head so I'm actually contributing not trolling*

working for the tribes, i.e tribe A is under threat from the kitin and they are well known gardeners (for the want of a better word) who maintain balance in the region, we could have some building event digging/keeping kitin back until we build them a fence where they can defend themselves.

direct orders from dexton/whoever, repair the bridges over the canyon, secure outlaw canyon from outlaws (funnily enough)

basically something not "faction" based where kami/karavan/neutrals can work together.

rewards aint a massive thing for me and shiney things fade quickly, so I will leave them out

*turns evil jack back on*
dakhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 03:56 PM   #92
jared96

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrus
How about trying to get a point now will you? its not that hard.

I gotta ask how come you don't get your own point ? Like when ya managed to get this thread closed.

http://forums.ryzom.com/forum//showt...=28258&page=11

Where are your "on topic" posts in that thread ? How about practicing what you are now suddenly preaching ?
jared96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #93
flume641

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared96
I gotta ask how come you don't get your own point ? Like when ya managed to get this thread closed.

Where are your "on topic" posts in that thread ? How about practicing what you are now suddenly preaching ?

how comes when he does some thing atleast close to the rules, you need to ***** at him?

Last edited by tydamus : April 19th, 2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Profanity
flume641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #94
ffxjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared96

Yes, becuase no one should ever change!
No one should ever take things more seriously, and always have the same amount of maturity about everything all the time.

Sure he has his faults. who doesn't? but if you look carefully you'll see the last thread in the general section to be locked was 1st April,(TGDT's radio) and he had nothing to do with it. before that was 15th of march ( community, what community) again very little to do with that, before that ; 13th march (OP mechanics) so i guess he IS practicing what hes preaching.

*slams book down*

I rest my case.

The First Homin to win the Shield of Presteige

Created theRyzom mooning and the Naughty Spriteh Videos

ffxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #95
xfluffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloner
Homins explore it, colonise it...and bump into a completely unknown new civilisation who are not happy to see their lands being invaded.
M'mm, yesyes.

To continue beating the swamp region example to death, say the Fyros somehow explore the region first, and bump into a thin, wiry, green-skinned primitive race who have evolved to become very adept at existing in this swampy environment. Naturally, being Fyros, their first reaction is to, er, compare relative strengths, which this new primitive race just happens to take exception to.

Come to find out, this is a race that is on the verge of enlightened evolution, more advanced than the other primitive tribes yet not advanced as homins, and only needs assistance and guidance from "higher powers". They are fascinated by the Zorai, mostly because they're blue and everyone else isn't, but also because of the Zorai magicks, which they seem utterly incapable of using. These newly-discovered people have primitive means of communication, tool crafting, hunting and trapping, etc., and would be very grateful for any help homins would be willing to give them, especially against the kitin.

Then you'd have the "higher powers", aka, Kami/Karavan, who only appear that way to homins because they're more advanced; and then the "regular" homins; and finally this pre-evolution race who look to the homins like they are gods. Some races (most notably, the Zorai in my example) would be favoured, and others (Fyros) might not be favoured. To these primitives, the wars between homins would be the wars of the gods.

They might even worship one or more homin races. It would be a turn-around from the present for players: being gods, instead of being treated as "lessers" by others claiming godhood.

At least until the Kitin almost wipe them all out
xfluffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #96
dcrispo

Homins! Homins!
Please! We've had some really interesting ideas planted here and some not so interesting. But, the main thrust has been directed at more content. For some that means adhering to the lore, for others an increase in racial/faction conflicts.
As a Kami I have yet to meet a Kara player I did not like (although some border on overzealousness as do some Kami).

One of the ideas mentioned so far seems like a good course for GF to do for now and that is to complete the existing Encyclopedia missions. Some of them offer some really good rewards right now, completion could offer more within the parameters of the game lore and mechanics.

Leaving out or favoring any of the three factions should automatically be rejected. What is good for one must be good for all.

Lets face facts here, Ryzom is not the most advertised game out there and right now one thing GF is surely looking at is increasing its playerbase and thus getting some returns on their investment. Division within the game that could drive off current players or sound an alarm to the MMO world outside Ryzom have to be avoided at all costs.
We need to work towards preserving the lore, preserving our outstanding community and work to improve the game play within the current ingame matters that exist (incomplete missions, extenting the promised lore, four races trying to fight the kitin threat and working to establish relations between themselves).
As I mentioned earlier there are some really good ideas here. Lets put factions etc aside and work on those. Whether they are PvP or PvE ideas a common front from both sides will give GF some basis for formulating ideas for growth in the game. One way to insure their attention is a growing playerbase so lets get the word out to friends in other games and help Atys grow.
In the real world hard cash speaks louder then anything.
Lets keep the ideas flowing and conflicts down to a minimum.

Just some thoughts from an ole man.
dcrispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 02:20 PM   #97
mugendo

Outposts were/are intended for ATTACKER Vs DEFENDER as stated by Nevrax, and now Gameforge.

But the PLAYERS have taken OP battles down the path of Guild Vs Guild..and Faction Vs Faction. It is time for these opposing ideals to be given some game mechanics to seperate/identify them. The Outposts are the obvious focus for attention because they are the ONLY places that opposing teams can battle.
It is clear the war in Atys demands more 'battlegrounds' as the Faction wars increase.
Offering rewards for Faction loyalty should be considered, maybe having AREAS faction related/controlled. Kami/Karavan factioned player taking an action (combat/craft/digging) in a Kami/Karavan area could recieve a small bonus to the action ?.

Whatever action Gameforge take, it's obvious they can not ignore the faction wars any longer.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #98
ajsuk

Ding Ding Ding!
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
ajsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #99
sprite

Imo the current outpost system is Alliance vs Alliance (AvA), just as some of the more outspoken members of the community shouted and screamed for when the first "PvP changes" were being discussed. Some of them were of course the loudest complaining people about how the outpost system wasn't pure GvG

As for GvG and FvF on their own.... try PR for GvG and tags for FvF; personally I think thats all thats needed... forced FvF zones always seem to bring out some kind of problem - either mechanically or with lots of people "whining" so it might be best to avoid them until GF have time to fix the zoned FvF mechanics
Remember kids, IOWIYAFOO!
sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #100
ajsuk

Yeah, well it's best to please the majority of people. Since we outnumber everyone 10:1 as we're repeatedly told it ought to be us, no?
Jeweler
| Master Heavy Range Weaponsmith
[ Leader | Reapers of the Dark ]
[ Matis Noble | Karavaneer | Wayfarer | Arispotle ]
[ Gear Requirements | Server Status | Acronyms | Atys Time | Fireworks ]
ajsuk is offline   Reply With Quote