Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #11
riveit

Re: Who Knitted Raj the Fuzzy Slippers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared96
UnderSpring <--> Wastelands however no way to go between without going above ground or TP'ing.

Maybe those named mobs know about another path above or below you, through the roots from Underspring to Wastelands and the Abyss?
riveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #12
mugendo

Oh, please come in to my home....erm just a moment ...*closes door quickly to conceal room of grannies with knitting needles*...where were we?...*muffled click click from the back room*...........yes I can see it will effect the materials on the market........But your safety is our prime concern .....*muffled click click click* ....which is why I would direct you to the services of a reputable .....*click click* ......organisation I myself whole hearted recommend.....*click click*....

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=1275354

I am pleased I could be of assistance.....please call at my home again soon .

*closes door*.....Alright my old dearies !!!...get those booties done, we need more customers coming
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #13
jared96

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveit
Maybe those named mobs know about another path above or below you, through the roots from Underspring to Wastelands and the Abyss?

The secret pathway still doesn't explain:

1. How he can be in 2 (or 3) places at exact same instant in time.
2. How he walks w/o making a sound.

More likely:

Boss Mob Development Team Completetion Schedule:

Named / Boss 1 - March 1
Named / Boss 2 - March 3
Named / Boss 78 - September 13
Named / Boss 79 - Huh ?

"Whaddya mean we goin live September 25th ?"
"Ah....just copy / paste a few of the others around to finish....be months for any players get down to PR ..... we fix in the first patch".

It is real entertaininging tho watching the effort that goes into looking for "lore explanations" for every programming omission or mistake. Our community is very creative which doubles the fun of Ryzom itself.

Methinks the most likely explanation for no sound on Raj footsteps and duped nameds is the same as the unfinished missions and encyclopedia rites. They just didn't get around to finishing the programming. Sometimes that's annoying such as getting 3/4 of the way thru a rite to find out it has no end. Other times, it's just funny. I think the Raj twins fuzzy slippers is funny and would have to say I'll be somewhat disappointed, tho somewhat more relaxed , when they get around to fixing it.
jared96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:01 PM   #14
riveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared96
1. How he can be in 2 (or 3) places at exact same instant in time.

Raj is his last name. You are confusing Raj E. with his brother, Raj. N.

riveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:30 PM   #15
jared96

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveit
Raj is his last name. You are confusing Raj E. with his brother, Raj. N.

So then who made them both fuzzy slippers ?
Old June 6th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #16
sidusar

Makes sense to me: Same species + same level + same ecosystem -> same name. I think it's more of a species name than an individual name. If there was only one Raj, he shouldn't be constantly respawning either. The vorax in those regions simply elect a new Raj every time the last one is killed.

As long as we're discussing silly bosses, what's up with those destroyer/slayer/demolisher/death mobs? They've got all the strength of a named, a group of minions to boot, take weeks to respawn, and yet only give choice mats. I'm guessing their only purpose was to be an annoyance.

Like that destroyer cuttler prowling back and forth in GoC with it's horrific cuttlers following it around, some lagging hundreds of meters behind it and some trailing hundreds of meters in front of it. So that when it's last cuttler minion finally gets away from my glue resin source, I have 10 seconds to dig before it's first minion passes on it's way back.

I don't spent much time in the Prime Roots. Do normal vorax make a sound when they walk?
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 03:53 AM   #17
jared96

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidusar
Makes sense to me: Same species + same level + same ecosystem -> same name. I think it's more of a species name than an individual name. If there was only one Raj, he shouldn't be constantly respawning either. The vorax in those regions simply elect a new Raj every time the last one is killed.

Well "named" by definition indicates a uniqueness. The nemaed's typically sapn about every 90 minutes or so...I know while "on jabs" for example, in Void, I have killed Dolak 7 or 8 times in a longs ession.

Quote:
As long as we're discussing silly bosses, what's up with those destroyer/slayer/demolisher/death mobs? They've got all the strength of a named, a group of minions to boot, take weeks to respawn, and yet only give choice mats. I'm guessing their only purpose was to be an annoyance.

Yes.

Quote:
I don't spent much time in the Prime Roots. Do normal vorax make a sound when they walk?

Regular Barney's almost never get me ....between their clumping around and groaning, ya always hear something coming along. Plus they so fat they are easy to outrun. One of our most common methods to dig supernodes is team foraging. But rather than one dig and one cp.....we have one dig and the other just drags Barney around in circles on a leash so to speak, freeing the digger from being pestered. He does get in the occasional whack (from it seems 40m away ....long arms I guess) but by the time I get low, all my auras (MPA, INV, Speed & SH) have regnned and I'm ready for a few more circles "around da park".
Old June 7th, 2007, 04:16 AM   #18
jamela

Contrary to popular myth, fyros have the largest feet of all homin races, on average, and the most sensitive. Consequently, fyros are more likely to 'hear' any footprint on the bark not muted by a sock. Or slipper.

Last edited by jamela : June 10th, 2007 at 11:41 PM.
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 04:25 AM   #19
jamela

On the other hand, it really annoys me that I NEVER hear the same thing as people around me, when I do something. That makes no sense. (emotes are the most obvious example.)
jamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #20
meloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamela
Contrary to popular myth, fyros have the largest feet of all homin races, on average, and the most sensitive. Consequently, fyros are more likely to 'hear' any footprint on the bark not muted by a sock. Or slipper.

all lies ! !
meloner is offline   Reply With Quote