Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old July 11th, 2007, 05:36 AM   #1
beaut666

Need some Zorai info..

Next podcast I am doing a section over the Zorai, just info about them and where they live.
SO what I need from you guys is this: some stories, advice, and any lore nuggets about the Zorai. Something personal: why you chose the Zorai, what you love about them, or what you HATE about them.
I will use alot of these posts on the air..thanks again guys..see you in game!
Beau

Beau (Arispotle Server)
beaut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 08:05 AM   #2
meloner

Re: Need some Zorai info..

You might be interested to know the zoraïs pictograms found everywhere and anywhere on weapons, banners, walls etc actually have a meaning
meloner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:26 AM   #3
museum

Features from the Chronicles, most of which are among my favourites:
Cioi Ba-Nung, Tattooist for homins
Yi Be-Pian, Old Zoraï of the Company of the Eternal Tree
A Zorai Wedding
The Story of Sian Gai-Lua: a Fateful Hunt
museum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #4
gillest

Strangely enough, one zorai was spotted hundreds of year ago in Peru:

http://www.fullbooks.com/Poems-1786--Volume-I-3.html

Quote:
Descendant of a scepter'd, sacred race,
Whose origin from glowing suns they trace......

Priest of the sun, within the sacred shrine
His fervent spirit breath'd the strain divine

Some Zorai were also spotted on Atys, here is the story of one of them (scroll down a lil):

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/652/652405p1.html

"we want to rule the world, to free our kind" (Shinken, Poete-healer)
Do not forget the old man words!

Too much PvP is bad for your sanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
holy crap I went to bed as jackoba and woke up sounding like jyudas :P
gillest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #5
mugendo

The beautiful zorai,
Mysterious and gentle creatures of the land.....When I first arrived in Ryzom I made a matis character..mainly because I feel more comfortable roleplaying an online version of 'ME'.

I immediately made friends in the game and enjoyed learning all about Atys....unfortunatly RL issues took all my spare time and I did not log in for several months...but I did keep in contact with the community and started to learn more about the Lore of Ryzom.

When I did get time to login It was just about the time GF took over from Nevrax...and unfortunately many of the folk I knew had left...leaving me with no ties to my Matis character....soooo...
I decided to make a complete change from my normal 'comfort zone' roleplay and created my Zorai.

It was really odd when I logged in with him because everything in Ryzom suddenly seemed different.
I found myself at the Zorai stables with a low population who were more interested in digging and crafting than Outpost control and guild conflict.
It was really a laid back and relaxed game environment I had entered into.
That is when I realised how claustrophobic playing a zorai could be.....for the first few months I really wanted to just rip the mask off his face, I spent time using every camera angle to see if I could get a glimpse of my little zorai features behind the mask....and I bet I am not the only one to have attempted this.

Anyway, I gradually accepted I was stuck with the mask..literally...so I went to the mask tattoo parlour and looked for something to personalise it.....and again I found myself critisizing and commenting to myself on each design...they were either too agressive, too important, too feminine....etc....and It took me quite a long time before I selected a pattern that I was happy with.
And over time I found I was altering my playstyle to match the image of my mask..
I chose A simple design that was elegant and non confrontational, After a hard day of RL I was happy to just login and relax with my Zorai.

I was also learning that prospecting and digging took a fair amount of local knowledge to be effective, so travel was not an issue for me....one reason I have remained in the same place for the best part of one year now.
And another benefit of digging......It gives me time to talk. Often I will be talking and prospecting as I move around, so I make full use of the walk feature many folk overlook in RP games.

Which also gives me time to admire the world I am in,
The Zorai lands are impregnated with so much magic you see it rising out of the ground at the Zora stables entrance in the moonlight.
It is a beautiful spectacle watching these coloured lights just floating slowly up....And when it's accompanied by appropiate mellow music through the built in MP3 player I can just recline in my chair with a glass of wine and enjoy the full Ryzom experience.
The Zorai experience to me is relaxation......

Of course all this free time allows me to contemplate the Lore and the factions, and I have had many an enjoyable conversation and debate with those passing through my little part of Atys.

In Summary.....Zorai to me are laid back, philosophical, and acutely aware of the importance of the history of Atys..so much that I am now an unlikely ambassador of peace and neutrality in Ryzom.

Do I still have my own motives and ambitions ?...well the mask has many faces behind it does'nt it

Last edited by mugendo : July 11th, 2007 at 04:57 PM.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #6
stijn

Heeey i want a poll again
Think it was interesting to see how much a race is used
stijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:42 AM   #7
beaut666

A poll next time, I promise...
Thanks for all the info everyone...we'll be recording the next podcast as soon as me and Sam can hook up on Skype. Being several hours away from each other makes it difficult.
See ya soon!
Beau

Beau (Arispotle Server)
beaut666 is offline   Reply With Quote