Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > The Ryzom Ring > Adventure designers hints and exchanges
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 1st, 2006, 04:57 PM   #1
gillest

Feedback on first scenario :)

Some of the things i noticed (some may still be due to me been unexperienced, some happen all the time):

- Spawn of Boss mob group following death of other groups:
If more than one group selected as a condition for the Boss group to spawn in same window, it doesn't work: i had to link spawn of group 2 to death of group 1. then spawn of 3 to death of 2 and spawn of boss to death of 3 (3 conditions in edit on the 3 groups:
Having condition of death of 1 , 2 and 3 on boss group doesn't seem to work...

- Dialogue condition:
Start spawn or start anything when Dialogue X is at step YYY: never managed to have this one working...
Maybe i do something wrong, i dunno but all my actions worked when linked to death of mobs or to give/take mission, they never seem to work when linked to part of dialogue condition... (if anyone managed this one, please let me know )

- Collect items missions:
The Plot items are not tradable and that can bring some problems with teams:
I made condition for final victory to bring back 'Cute totem" and "Bandit blood" which were in 2 different chests: the chest have been opened by 2 different players and they couldnt trade them hence could not give both same time: they never had victory message ...

- Saved version: I saved 2 versions of scenario: Goary and Goary V2 as I made some adjustment. After a while, i cannot load Goary V2 anymore: everytime it brings me back to Goari...
I did not try to load another map scenario (started a PR one) due to very high load time, but dunno why V2 doesnt load.
As well, a file (saved scenario) where one could manage-delete scenario could be useful...

I LOVE:

- Ability to control NPC_Mobs and to make them die at will or just come to you:
Was very helpful when the last team spawned the 6 Bosses: i killed two and collected 3 so they could kill them in turn after i released them

Little tip to beginners:

Beware the small boxes that are ticked or unticketed in Properties:
those might make you lose a lot of time:
Example:
- Autostart on dialogue when u want dialogue to start only at one condition (after mission)
- Auto Spawn on Mobs which you want to spawn at a precised time: (autospawn= spawned on login)
- Spawn-No Spawn of mobs: annoying when a full group of mobs respawn on your guests at same moment as they are fighting a boss

I hate:

-WTF with the barriers: they all count as one entity.... I wanted to make a race track, result my entity budget is used... A race track on a map ain't enough for ppl to have fun
Pls make groups of barriers or make them extensible as the areas so that we can make things with them...

SUGGESTIONS:

- About the areas, could be a good idea to linked them to the NPC on them in order to make them Permanent or Current Act Only: Doesnt make sense to have some mobs disapearing from one act to the other and still have area onto them.
I understand some permanent NPC need areas to be carried over from one act to another that's why linking them to NPC status would make more sense..

"we want to rule the world, to free our kind" (Shinken, Poete-healer)
Do not forget the old man words!

Too much PvP is bad for your sanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
holy crap I went to bed as jackoba and woke up sounding like jyudas :P

Last edited by gillest : October 2nd, 2006 at 11:53 AM.
gillest is offline   Reply With Quote