Go Back   Ryzom > English speaking community > General
Ryzom News FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 7th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #11
moyaku

Re: Impact of the fame system on Rites...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
Of course this point has been discussed before.......
Over Here

thanx for the input Mugendo
moyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #12
mugendo

I like any game that has differences available to the character choices we make...My view is GF should be adding more rites with diverse rewards based on character beliefs and culture. Making the same available to all destroys the unique aspect of having four diverse cultures.
I also dislike the idea that folk can arrive in any capitol city from silan.......but I understand the reasoning and accept the compromise GF made.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #13
moyaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugendo
My view is GF should be adding more rites with diverse rewards based on character beliefs and culture. Making the same available to all destroys the unique aspect of having four diverse cultures.

I hadn't seen it from that point... but it does make sense even more regarding RPers so I guess I was not using the right argument in a earlier post when saying :
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyaku
plus I guess it can be meaningful to RPers who want to stick to their view of the lore

So I can as well take that one back...
Old August 8th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #14
beaut666

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwojimmy
At this point in the game development, there is nothing to b e gained from taking a racial citizenship... like choosing to be faction neutral, its a lose-lose situation.

I disagree totally. I am faction neutral, completely. I can post a screen shot if you'd like
I was in game the other night and I stumbled across a group trekking through the PR. I was out exploring, they were gathering TP's for their friends I think. When we got to a TP I couldn't have (because of my neutral stance) one player said I shouldn't be down there, it wasn't the place for me, and I would never survive without the TP's. I have had so many players tell me that it was as though I am being "punished" for being neutral by being denied TP's.
TP's? Who cares. I have most every neutral TP in the land. I Simply WALKED there. I had a great time doing it too.
I actually believe that aligning yourself with a faction is the worst thing to do. Why declare yourself for either side? (This is not including roleplaying, which I support fully). Why do players insist on giving me lectures every time I tell them I'm truly "neutral"? I have lost NO fun by being so, and actually am probably more involved with every aspect of the game (yes, including OP's) than a lot of players. Just for the record: I don't fight at OP's, I watch them. But to be honest that's the fun for me. I am a reporter! )
If you DO join a faction, you shouldn't be able to gain every other rite out there. Like he said, if you're on one side, you shouldn't be able to get the benefits of the other.
Just my two dapper.
And Iwo: I'm not calling you out, just using your point as a jumping off point for myself.
Beau

Beau (Arispotle Server)
beaut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #15
johntf

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaut666
I disagree totally. I am faction neutral, completely. I can post a screen shot if you'd like
I was in game the other night and I stumbled across a group trekking through the PR. I was out exploring, they were gathering TP's for their friends I think. When we got to a TP I couldn't have (because of my neutral stance) one player said I shouldn't be down there, it wasn't the place for me, and I would never survive without the TP's.

Name names. people with that attitude don't belong in ryzom. Besides if they need a group to get through pr then their the unskilled ones who wouldn't survive.

Quote:
I have had so many players tell me that it was as though I am being "punished" for being neutral by being denied TP's.
TP's? Who cares. I have most every neutral TP in the land. I Simply WALKED there. I had a great time doing it too.

Well thats true you are being punished. I was neutral for several years but when my guild basicly went pop on me I had to declare an alliegance to one side to join a new guild I liked. As for rites they need a complete overhaul with much better rewards, and very different rewards for say kami/kara ones that make an actual noticable difference between the sides. And of course neutrals should either be allowed access to all the rites, with perhaps the exception of the very top tier ones, and there should be a few "super rites" for the high level neutrals that only they can get.

Story wise it would be great to see more information delivered through top kami/karavan rites, and then especially the "real truth" from a neutral perspective perhaps recorded by a guild of neutral watchers throughout homin society and time that records the real reasons. Perhaps allowing neutrals a more powerful rite or two than the kami or kara for this knowlege, which would balance out not having tp access pr being able to get op's. Perhaps even a neutral chat like the kami/kara one but only for those who say declare alliegance to a faction like say the watchers or something else, one that forces you to have no faction tps etc only for real die hard neutrals.
johntf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 03:24 PM   #16
beaut666

I have heard a lot of players' guilds changing faction and the player being forced to do so as well. I guess at that point you'd have to make a choice, which sucks.
I don't mind the faction stuff, for roleplay or lore sake, or even for PvP which for some players is a very enjoyable part of the game..but for those of us that want nothing to do with it, it is not important at all.
And I don't wanna make it sound like MOST homins give me a hard time being neutral. Most homins in this community are AWESOME. But most do have a hard time understanding WHY I would wanna be neutral.
Sorry to hijack the thread!
BEau

Beau (Arispotle Server)
beaut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #17
forever

Nothing but time is stopping you from doing all the Rites.
I like doing missions as well but I choose to keep my 100 Matis and Karavan fame.

At one time there was talk of Rites that take over 50 Tryker fame and at this point only Homins loyal to the race could do the Rites.
It takes time to work fame; Homins should have more benefits for their loyalty to a race or faction.
forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #18
moyaku

Quote:
I disagree totally. [...]
If you DO join a faction, you shouldn't be able to gain every other rite out there. Like he said, if you're on one side, you shouldn't be able to get the benefits of the other.
Just my two dapper.
And Iwo: I'm not calling you out, just using your point as a jumping off point for myself.
Beau

Although you ve made a point there, the post you quoted is related to civ and not faction alliegence...
Old August 9th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #19
iwojimmy

Quote:
I was in game the other night and I stumbled across a group trekking through the PR. I was out exploring, they were gathering TP's for their friends I think. When we got to a TP I couldn't have (because of my neutral stance) one player said I shouldn't be down there, it wasn't the place for me, and I would never survive without the TP's. I have had so many players tell me that it was as though I am being "punished" for being neutral by being denied TP's.
I actually believe that aligning yourself with a faction is the worst thing to do. Why declare yourself for either side? (This is not including roleplaying, which I support fully). Why do players insist on giving me lectures every time I tell them I'm truly "neutral"? I have lost NO fun by being so, and actually am probably more involved with every aspect of the game (yes, including OP's) than a lot of players. Just for the record: I don't fight at OP's, I watch them. But to be honest that's the fun for me. I am a reporter! )
Just my two dapper.
Beau

I have made my stance on factions clear elsewhere, but will repeat it here
I beleive the Kami are bad for Homins, and while the Karavan dont have our best interests at heart, Homins have more to gain by siding with them.. nevertheless, I refuse to kill my fellow Homins at the beck of some one else so am Faction Neutral.... and extremely well aware of how damn inconvenient it is. Especially as I need to level in 250 zones and dig in PR.
Killing each other for valid Homin reasons is OK.. Outpost wars are OUR wars, no matter how the leaders try to cloak it under religion, but to do it because the 'powers' tell us to makes us no more than trained attack dogs.

As for guilds, neutrals can be in factioned guilds. It just means you cant use all of the same TPs. Unless the Guild members are discriminating against neutrals.. which means they are either RPing as fanatics, or just [edited to remove inappropriate language- Warning: "M@sking" does not make inappropriate language acceptable- Daestny]

Last edited by daestny : August 9th, 2007 at 04:28 AM.
iwojimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 07:02 AM   #20
gillest

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwojimmy
Especially as I need to level in 250 zones and dig in PR.
Quote:
TP's? Who cares. I have most every neutral TP in the land. I Simply WALKED there.

Love ya Beau for that quote
And you can also answer those people that neutral may learn more about PR that they will ever do...

PR is actually very accessible for Neutrals:
- 2 TP's in Nexus for Wastelands and Elusive Forest.
- K of Dementia Kami and Dyron for Underspring.
- Haven of purity for west side of Wastelands.
- G of Umbra for Trench of Trial (q200 PR).

PR access is actually more easy than the region q250 areas... (I hate running from KoDissent to G of Confusion)

Now, as a neutral U will not TP right in a middle to dig 50 meters away from TP but you will learn more passages, maybe get more DP but gain more experience in sneaking
Let them choose the easy way....

"we want to rule the world, to free our kind" (Shinken, Poete-healer)
Do not forget the old man words!

Too much PvP is bad for your sanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
holy crap I went to bed as jackoba and woke up sounding like jyudas :P
gillest is offline   Reply With Quote