keep outposts 55 68.75%
disable outposts 25 31.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 1st, 2007, 12:12 PM   #41
blaah

Re: ops vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsuk
Woodburn stronghold currently produces no cats.
what a waste of good outpost :-)
blaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM   #42
kyesmith

Sooo many people with the same point of view and yet the chances of anything being changed?

I'd love something to be changed about outposts, they need to be worth fighting for but cats should not be on the menu, maybe 2 stacks a day along with other cool unique things!
kyesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:22 PM   #43
sidusar

Quote:
Originally Posted by varelse
We need an option for "Keep outposts, take cats off the drill menu".
Gets my vote too. o/

But removing outposts completely, definitely not.

Ofcourse I'd most like to see a complete change in how the outposts work, as has been discussed on countless threads shortly after the outposts were released and which I won't repeat here.

But as a 'quick fix', removing cats is good. The mats alone are enough reason to fight over the outposts. And if it's necesary then there are plenty of other ways to make levelling faster. (Like introducing better mobs for 230+ hunting teams and buyable grind mats up to q250 on the merchants, just to pull some other often discussed suggestions. )
sidusar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:51 PM   #44
mugendo

I have friends who tell me they will come to the Gym to train.....after they get fit.
I hear a similar logic in Ryzom with Cats ....they will START to play AFTER grinding up

I voted to keep OP, The supreme mats are reason enough to own an OP....but the double xp cats never made any sense to me.
mugendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:56 PM   #45
putterix

As many of us said in the beginning, too many using drugs to lvl up fast (xpcats).

Why not put more new craftplans for different armours, and even more weapons? That would be better than keeping all on atys drugaddicted.
putterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2007, 04:13 PM   #46
aude03

like many others, keep the ops and remove cats.

You want cats ? go to almati woods, work for the guards in the camp (kill some kitins, stop an invasion, craft them some armors, weapons, bullets, dig for them) and take your cats reward.....and waow, you just worked for the whole community, not for just a part of it.
aude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM   #47
forever

It seems allot of Homins on this server do not like Cats tided to OPs but I wonder what the other 2 servers think about Cats. Remember Arispotle is at best only 1/3 of GF's player base.
forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 06:47 AM   #48
gillest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyesmith
cats as a reward for PvP has always and always will be a stupid idea, the idea of flowers suck too, if a guild own an OP which gives 250 extra focus all the members shud have it all the time, flowers just suck.

You own a magic pole give a 5% bonus to all magic, give new craft plans ect.

SOOOO much could be done with outpost rewards but they just give double exp which ruins so much of the game imo

PS- that said nothing will change, how long ago was spires, kitin land, ranged and 1h revamp mentioned and like everything else it slowly disapears.
For me taking cats out of game and doing bug fixes is most important, i am a patient peson and wud rather see quality content 6 months late than half arsed buggy content we see at the moment.

+1 from me here...

I voted no but not to take OP out, just to change them...
As Gilg said on another thread, cats are PvE content, should NOT been given through PvP..
Maybe OP could give OP mats and some boosts as mentioned by Yaffle (reminds me a lil bit of the spires and could even be better)..

Now cats could be kept but need to be given through NPC PVE quests...
So PVE ppl could provide cats to PVP ppl against OP mats, would make much more sense..
As well it would suppose player would actually WORK to get those dble xp cats and not just kill others....

Ohhh, look... no flame war at the end of the tunnel: PVP and PVE players can actually complement each others....
*Dreams*

"we want to rule the world, to free our kind" (Shinken, Poete-healer)
Do not forget the old man words!

Too much PvP is bad for your sanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakhound
holy crap I went to bed as jackoba and woke up sounding like jyudas :P
gillest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 04:42 PM   #49
setstyle

Voted no right off the bat since removing our biggest content since release is quite silly.

That being said, I would much prefer a system of outposts as originally proposed (and even printed in the game manual). Instead of fighting random "marauders," guilds would take an outpost from homin tribes through either military or diplomatic means. By holding and defending that outpost the guild would earn fame that could be used to upgrade the guildhall, learn new crafting plans, use special stanzas... basically a wealth of new content.

The Saga of Ryzom was hailed as a game where players and guilds could help direct the storyline through such means. The current form of outposts, however, betrays that promise. Now tribes, outposts, and fame essentially mean nothing.
setstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM   #50
dmarxs

Cats should be removed from OPs. Rewards from OPs should be PvP focused as the OPs themselves are really PvP content, I fail to see how cats have anything to do with it, move them to some sort of PvE content if they are to stay at all.
dmarxs is offline   Reply With Quote